SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jersey Devils

SiouxDini

Their last game of the year..... :D

Good one!

I mean, there wereSioux games this year in which ZP didn't score a point, right? That was against COLLEGE HOCKEY players not NHL'ers so to just assume he'd be the magic elixir the Debbies may be missing is a bit far-fetched.

The best players on the Debbies didn't score last night, but a college kid with NO NHL experience is going to lead them to victory?

I don't know.

And I won't even get into the whole idea of playing the Devils system etc.

The way the Devils look, they aren't going anywhere anyway. Why not get a rookie Stanley Cup Playoff experience now and be better off down the road. They aren't going to score any less goals with him in the lineup. I can see why they didn't put him in the lineup to ruin chemistry they had going, but let's face it chemistry is out the window now.

The way the Devils look, they aren't going anywhere anyway. Why not get a rookie Stanley Cup Playoff experience now and be better off down the road. They aren't going to score any less goals with him in the lineup. I can see why they didn't put him in the lineup to ruin chemistry they had going, but let's face it chemistry is out the window now.

After a shutout, I have to agree with you "They aren't going to score any less goals."

But as a justification for putting ZP in, it's not worthy for you could say they could put me in the game and not score any less goals. While that is true, one must review the damage I would do to the team and not just in terms of chemistry.

That said, you also need to review what type of play could be expected from a college player and in particular on the defensive side of the ice.

Frankly, even with his God-given skill there really is no evidence that he is somehow a spark for this team at this time. I know you could reply with the, "What do they have to lose" but the real point is maximizing your chances to win and I just don't see that the case can be made that ZP does it in lieu of someone who is on the roster now.

But, Lou and the Debbies know more than I do, so we'll see.