SiouxSports.com Forum

New Hospital Facility in GF

The Sicatoka

The feeling that I got was that Sanford was kind of ready to cash it in and let the leadership go to another location ie (Salt Lake City) in this case.  I was disappointed in that approach because I really think that Sanford has given the region a corporate leadership style that has been missing ("A why not US mentality").  Not that I agreed with everything they did but they were aggressive and reinvested in communities and local people from what I could tell. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 11:40 PM, gfNDfan said:

Sanford will confirm the rumors of a new hospital by saying "It's ALL TRUE!" (sorry couldn't resist)

That's some of the most expensive land in GF - you don't buy 67 acres to put up a couple clinics.   Altru !@#$ their pants and payed out a ton to buy out their other potential competitor (Remember "Doctors Hospital"?) several years ago?  Now they're doubling down by re-starting the new hospital construction with the original 7 story building plans and not the scaled down building.  Competition is coming to GF Healthcare and should be good for consumers.

CONFIRMED from a solid source - buy land now (it's not going to get any cheaper)  Plans to build a new Sanford hospital in GF in 5 years forthcoming....stay tuned

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

CONFIRMED from a solid source - buy land now (it's not going to get any cheaper)  Plans to build a new Sanford hospital in GF in 5 years forthcoming....stay tuned

That's the model they used when they bought a parcel along I-94 on the Fargo/West Fargo line about a decade ago. Today it's a 10-story hospital with a specialty center planned for next to it.