SiouxSports.com Forum

Following UND's recruits

jk

Tri-City managed to survive last night in Game 3 of the USHL finals against Waterloo. Here is how it has gone:

Game 1: Waterloo 3-2 (SOG Tri-City 32-18, Spirko 0-0-0)

Game 2: Waterloo 4-1 (SOG Tri-City 30-18, Spirko 0-0-0)

Game 3: Tri-City 4-3 (SOG Tri-City 37-27, Spirko 2-0-2)

I know SOG is an overrated statistic, but it looks like Tri-city might be getting out-goaltended. Not only has Tri-City outshot Waterloo in every game so far, they have outshot them in every single period.

Spirko took just one shot in the first two games combined, but had four last night.

Bubz, Tri-City seems to be loaded with future Division I players. How does Spirko compare to some of the other leaders on the team, like Dingle and Thomas, in terms of ability and future college impact (just your guess)? Thanks.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule for the Royal Bank Cup:

ROYAL BANK CUP

(at Grande Prairie, Alta.)

May 8 Kindersley vs. Grande Prairie, 7:30 p.m.

May 9 Nepean vs. Nanaimo, 2 p.m.

Grande Prairie vs. Aurora, 7:30 p.m.

May 10 Nepean vs. Kindersley, 2 p.m.

Aurora vs. Nanaimo, 7:30 p.m.

May 11 Grande Prairie vs. Nepean, 7:30 p.m.

May 12 Kindersley vs. Aurora, 2 p.m.

Nanaimo vs. Grande Prairie, 7:30 p.m.

May 13 Aurora vs. Nepean, 2 p.m.

Nanaimo vs. Kindersley, 7:30 p.m.

May 15 Sudden-death semi-finals at 2 and 7:30 p.m.

May 16 Sudden-death final

Spirko took just one shot in the first two games combined, but had four last night.

Bubz, Tri-City seems to be loaded with future Division I players. How does Spirko compare to some of the other leaders on the team, like Dingle and Thomas, in terms of ability and future college impact (just your guess)? Thanks.

I take it you mean Ryan Dingle? (we have a John Dingle too)

Ringle (Denver) is just flat out fast. No question. Fast skater we have.

Thomas (UNO) is a total package. (i wish he were in green next year)

Spirkos puck handling, vision, and skating are some of the best I've seen. Eyes in the back of his head. I'm definately no scout, but he's just amazing to watch. If they gave out 3rd assists, he'd be 90 points this year.

This is his first year of American hockey so I believe he'll only adjust to the better. Teams are scared of his offessive skills and usually ride him pretty hard. That's where his size hinders him. If he were 6ft+, he'd have NHL written all over him.

I did not see the game last night in Waterloo, but listened to it on the radio. It sounded like he could have scored 3 in the 1st period. I think he piped one.

Had a couple of other good chances too. He likes the big ice where he has more range. Waterloo has the only Olympic ice in the USHL.

Kevin Regan, Loo goalie, has played unbelievable this series.

The Storm have had great goaltending all year, but have buckled under the Loo offense. Their powerplay just kills us also.

It's going to be a great game tonight Sioux fans. 7:05 Wednesday.

You can listen HERE if you'd like to cure a hockey fix.

Spirko's season ended last night as Tri-City lost to Waterloo 2-1.

He was +/- even on the night. Waterloo wins the Clark Cup 3-1.

Spirko in the USHL playoffs:

G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG SHOTS PCT

11 5 4 9 +3 2 3 0 1 24 .208

Grande Prairie won their first RBC game, 5-3 over Kindersly Klippers (as opposed to the Nainamo Clippers, don't know what's with these same name Canadian teams, ie rough riders).

Radke had a PPG in the game; POG was CC's recruit (I believe) McCulloch.

Webcast is available at jk's link above for tonight's game. Looks to be good quality in the warmup. Unfortunately GP does not play today, the game just starting is Aurora vs Nainamo.

Webcast is some new technology, supposedly, developed in Canada. Dataflix could take a look at this.

The gold medal game will be televised on TSN, if anyone gets it (May 16)

Radke scored another PPG in the third period and GP wins it 7-2. Last game of the round robin tonight vs. Doyle Cup opponent Nainamo.

Radke was the POG, leads all dmen in the tourney in scoring (4-2-6) and leads the tourney in goals. Story on the win and Radke at http://www.gpstorm.com

GP clinches a semifinal berth with the win.

Radke%20Sept.%2026%20vs.%20SP.JPG

Did the sioux ever sign Sidney Crosby? Hes considered top pick for next years draft. He's mentioned in this article.

Yeah, but Blais yanked his scholarship before he got to UND. ???:D

Brad Miller was taken in the second round (#16 overall) by Green Bay in the USHL draft.

Ryan Duncan was taken in the third round (#31 overall) by River City.

Brian Lee was taken in the 15th round (#111 overall) by Lincoln. They must be hoping he doesn't go back to Moorhead, which I've heard he is.

I may have missed a few, so here is the link:

USHL Draft Results

Then there's this minor detail that Sydney Crosby is currently playing major junior in Canada and the NCAA considers that "professional".

As well as the fact he's fat, poorly dressed, unmotivated and he owes his roommates money ... :D???