SiouxSports.com Forum

Top Line Center next year

DAR

I know this is early speculation but who replaces Parise on the top line next year and centers Bo and Murray. I think those two will stay on the top line. Genoway? Zajac, I know he is talented but that is a lot to put on the shoulders of a frosh. Will Blais try and get another late recruit to play center on the 4th line? We have a BIG hole to fill. It is still SO frusturating to think we lost to Denver, one of the most frusturating games I have ever watched.

I've been holding off on this kind of speculation about next year because we don't know who else will leave ... but since you started it:

I've been thinking the spot is Genoway's to lose. He had a good year, played with the top guys on the PP most of the year, and played with Bochenski some. If he works hard over the summer, I think he is the #1 center.

Genoway centered Bochenski from 12/27/03 to 1/24/04.

The Sioux went 7-1-2 during that stretch.

Bochenski had a 10-6-16 line and Genoway had a 1-11-12 line during those 10 games. Fylling played three games with them and went 1-2-3; Porter played the other seven and went 3-2-5.

So, during those ten games with Genoway at center with Bochenski, the line produced 15 goals in 10 games.

Colby can do the job.

Colby can do the job.

Agreed.

Genoway is solid center who has stepped up his playmaking significantly. He will play well with Bochenski and Murray, however Zajac is probably more of a dynamic player than Genoway and could quite possibly be a first liner in his rookie season.

The Sioux have great talent at forward even without Parise. I would say that losing Greene or Jones right now would be more detrimental. We all remember what happend in '02-'03 when D. Hale was out, and we saw the same out of the gophers when they lost Ballard. Losing a teams primary defensemen (especially one as good as Greene or Jones or Ballard) hurts a lot more than losing a key first-line forward, IMO.

The Sioux have the best young talent in the nation, and the next few years are going to be alot of fun to watch. Smaby, Porter, Stafford, and Murray are going to be even more effective next season, and the addition of players like Radke, Lameroux, Zajac, and Kaip bodes well for overall team improvement. Barring multiple departures of the defensive core, UND will not have anything close to a weak link next year, and personally, I only see them getting better.

Here's my opinion on lines next year:

Murray(So)-Zajac(Fr)-Bochenski(Sr)

Stafford(So)-Genoway(Sr)-Spirko(Fr)

Fylling(Sr)-McMahon(Sr)-Porter(So)

Kaip(Fr)-Canady(Sr)-Massen(Sr)

Sr:6 Jr:0 So:3 Fr:3

Jones(Sr)-Greene(Jr)

Smaby(So)-Schneider(Sr)

Radke(Fr)-Fuher(Sr)

Bina(So)-Beaverson(Fr)

Sr:3 Jr:1 So:2 Fr:2

Lamoureux

Brandt

Parise

Ziggy

As long as all four goalies provide something for the team we can afford to keep them. We kept Sofie around so we might as well keep Ziggy around. I only say that becuase based on this year and what I have read about Lamoureux, Ziggy seems to be the odd-man out. (Or is it even-man out when there are four goalies?)

As long as all four goalies provide something for the team we can afford to keep them. We kept Sofie around so we might as well keep Ziggy around. I only say that becuase based on this year and what I have read about Lamoureux, Ziggy seems to be the odd-man out. (Or is it even-man out when there are four goalies?)

Will they all be on scholarship? :)

Will they all be on scholarship? :)

I'm guessing no on the Scholarship for Ziggy. :/

And I think it would be:

Bo-Genoway-Murray

Porter-Stafford-Zajac

Prpich-McMahon-Fylling

Kaip--Massen-Spirko

Defensive alignments are so tricky at the moment that I dare not try to figure them out.

Look at our forwards, we're going to be DEEEEEP. Potentially, I even think we'll have more scoring next year than this year!

Obviously, this is very, very far down the road. But, the Ralph hosts a regional in 2006 and no one wants to be CC. Assuming Greene leaves before his senior year, doesn't the 05-06 defensive corps look a little thin, young after the first pair?

Forwards

Murray, Stafford, Prpich, Porter, Fabian, Zajac, Spirko, Kaip, Oshie?, Chorney?,

Defense

Radke

Bina

Smaby

Lee?

Beaverson

Goaltender

Lammy

JPar

Obviously, this is very, very far down the road. But, the Ralph hosts a regional in 2006 and no one wants to be CC. Assuming Greene leaves before his senior year, doesn't the 05-06 defensive corps look a little thin, young after the first pair?

Forwards

Murray, Stafford, Prpich, Porter, Fabian, Zajac, Spirko, Kaip, Oshie?, Chorney?,

Defense

Radke

Bina

Smaby

Lee?

Beaverson

Goaltender

Lammy

JPar

isn't chorney defense?

I know this is early speculation but who replaces Parise on the top line next year and centers Bo and Murray. I think those two will stay on the top line. Genoway? Zajac, I know he is talented but that is a lot to put on the shoulders of a frosh. Will Blais try and get another late recruit to play center on the 4th line? We have a BIG hole to fill. It is still SO frusturating to think we lost to Denver, one of the most frusturating games I have ever watched.

There is still an entire season of recruiting left.