SiouxSports.com Forum

Top Line Center next year

DAR

Unless Jones or Greene leave early I would be surprised to see Beaverson next season.

As far as recruiting someone to fill ZP's spot - there is still more players coming in than leaving. Plus look at the quality players coming back who didn't play every night - Massen, Canady. Basically the Sioux lose 3 forwards and have 3 forwards coming next season, plus 3 or 4 forwards that will watch from the stands.

The number of 05/06 signees is kind of scary, these kids are so young, it is hard to say what will happen. Look at Beaverson, he was signed young and does not appear to be developing as expected. Lee and Chorney both look very promising. Oshie and Duncan didn't impress me much, but I only saw them play a few times. Can anybody remember having 4 players signed 2 years out?

Maybe I'm selling Zajac short but I'm not ready to put him as the #1 line center next year. Maybe he can do that but I'm not counting on it.

We've been blessed the last couple of years with some great, great freshmen hockey players, especially Parise and Murray, and you could include Stafford too. Guys who come in and contribute right away. But I don't think that is the norm. Zajac is coming in as an MVP and maybe he will have an impact right off but I'm going to be conservative in my expectations. I say he starts out on a lower line.

I think the upper lines will consist of Genoway, Bo, Murray, Stafford, Porter. Who else is hard for me to say right now.