SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross @ Fighting Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to name potential replacements up front, Canady is at the top of my list. (Actually Stafford is my top choice, but that goes without saying.)

I am going to miss seeing David Lundbohm's crafty little puckhandling moves after this year. With all the talent on this team, no one handles the puck in tight spaces like he does.

If you are going to name potential replacements up front, Canady is at the top of my list. (Actually Stafford is my top choice, but that goes without saying.)

I am going to miss seeing David Lundbohm's crafty little puckhandling moves after this year. With all the talent on this team, no one handles the puck in tight spaces like he does.

Amen Brother! He has some crazy hockey skills!

The chemistry between Porter and Lundbohm has been unreal lately.

I guess you take the win but some of the Sioux looked like they were skating with a plow behind them. Don't want to mention names but why is Fabian not playing? I like his intensity...

I'm not concerned. A win is a win. Teams tend to play down to the level of their competition. However, they will have to step it up against Denver with a home crowd.

No doubt that it was a boring game. I was surprised that we didn't get more shots. Holy Cross did a good job of covering lanes, though we seemed to want to make long passes.

I've always been for playing Brandt, but Parise was solid in nets. I think he should play tomorrow night.

What the? that was one boring game...the Sioux players MUST be sick to play like thy had lead skates! :lol:

All things considered, I'd rather have a 3-0 win than have to come from three goals down to win like Maine.

Remember UND's game against Niagara in the 2000 NCAA playoffs? Everyone expected the Sioux to win a blowout. It was a 2-1 game headed into the third period and UND won 4-1. Shots on goal were 43 UND, 27 Niagara. And we all know how that season turned out.

Oh, you just know that will make Sports Center, the whole 15 seconds they will talk about college ice hockey. ;):p

Ain't that the truth... It'll probably be in the Top 10 (or Bottom 10). Oh well.. coverage is coverage :lol:

Remember UND's game against Niagara in the 2000 NCAA playoffs? Everyone expected the Sioux to win a blowout. It was a 2-1 game headed into the third period and UND won 4-1. Shots on goal were 43 UND, 27 Niagara. And we all know how that season turned out.

I was thinking about that game, and the game also reminded me of the 1997 quarterfinal against Cornell ... 1-0 late in the second, and we just built the lead gradually and won handily.

Hats off to Holy Cross, they played great. I'll give out three stars of the game because I don't really want to get into depth on UND's lack of quality hockey. :lol:

1st Star: Jordan Parise

2nd Star: Tony Quesada

3rd Star: Zach Parise

I really felt bad for Quesada. You come all that way only to have to leave the game due to illness. I mean, after he vomitted, every time he made a play I was just waiting for him to pass out. He looked AWFUL whenever his face was shown on camera. Devotion is one thing. My friend and I concluded that if he wasn't taken out of the game, he'd be stretchered out of the game. It's a tough way to leave, but he did a good job. His backup wasn't that bad either.

As for the Sioux' performance, what do you expect? We come out flying high, hard, and swift on the #16 seed? I think we played it pretty well today. Save as much energy and expend only enough to get the job done. Tommorrow's (or today's since it is past midnight) is much more important than today's game.

Lately we haven't been doing well on Saturdays.

I heard most of the game, up until about 8 minutes to play. TH seemed pretty happy towards the end that the Sioux had a "comfortable lead", but otherwise, they were bagging on the team's effort throughout the game. Especially lines 2-4.

In a game like this, I would have expected the Lundbohm line to shine. In general, the "other guys" are going to have to play a little harder than tonight if UND wants a shot at the title.

Go Sioux.