SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN Predictions

joelbird

Three of the six picked the four No. 1 seeds, how booring is that? I am surprised that UMD was only picked once and that BC was picked by everyone, but once and that no one picked New Hampshire. The Gophers are in playoff mode, but UMD is a force to be reckoned with. I think BC will blow it in the second round, probably to New Hampshire. At least 4 out of 6 picked North Dakota to win it all! :lol:

... and there was at least one upset special that I picked, too! Harvard over Maine and OSU over UW!

Things were lovely when it was 7 - 3 back in 2000.....Hopefully we get back to that in the next couple of years...

There's a plot to take away some of Minnesota's national titles? :lol:

I like it! ;)

If not the Sioux anyone but the Goofers, cannot take another year of their fans.

If the Sioux win this year, you'll have plenty of fans you aren't to proud of.

Who am I kidding, it's well worth it. :lol:

Seriously though, POI was a lot more like this sight until 04/06/02.

If the Sioux win this year, you'll have plenty of fans you aren't to proud of.

Who am I kidding, it's well worth it. :lol:

Seriously though, POI was a lot more like this sight until 04/06/02.

You must be talking about Newbie band wagon jumpers. In suppose that is why the POI guy suspended new registrations for his site too.

WCHA better win. We're getting a lot of love there.

The Sioux are unanimous pick to win their region. Otherwise only one expert chose someone other than Maine, MN and BC to win their regions.

I hope your using "expert" loosely. I'd guess the two INCH guys are the only ones who have watched a college hockey game this year. They are the only two to pick against the Sioux ;) Just when I was starting to warm up to INCH. :lol:

I hope your using "expert" loosely. I'd guess the two INCH guys are the only ones who have watched a college hockey game this year. They are the only two to pick against the Sioux ;) Just when I was starting to warm up to INCH. :lol:

One of the guys was a uscho guy.. he picked UND to win.

As much as I want the Sioux to win and as much as I know they should, it scares me all it takes is one stupid pass getting intercepted or a premature whistle by a ref that can take a game from the better team. I love college hockey as much as anyone but one bad game and you're watching some pretender take home whats yours. GRRRRRRR :lol:

Good thing we won't let it happen this year! ;)

If not the Sioux anyone but the Goofers, cannot take another year of their fans.

not to be too big of an a$$, but the same back at you. Many people feel like the UND fans as you feel about the Gopher fans. ;)

As for bandwagon fans, I agree w/ sagard, it pretty much made POI what it is today, not as fun and more non-hockey related.... :lol:

WPoS

If the Sioux don't win it, I hope the Gophers do. If not the Sioux or Gophers, I hope it's Wisconsin, UMD, or Denver. Keep it in the WCHA.

Agreed. THere is nothing better than watching ESPN hemm and haw because the team they chose to win didn't. They then have to reevaluate on the fly to find out more information on those unknown western teams and somehow say that they had an advantage all along. It's amusing to watch.

Agreed. THere is nothing better than watching ESPN hemm and haw because the team they chose to win didn't. They then have to reevaluate on the fly to find out more information on those unknown western teams and somehow say that they had an advantage all along. It's amusing to watch.

of course we have an advantage...we play in the WCHA! :lol:

WPoS

Seriously folks, who cares? Nobody had Minnesota winning it all last year. Most expert prognosticators had Cornell winning the NC. It should be no surprise that most have UND winning it...they weren't ranked Number 1 all year for nothing.

Again, if I were an "expert" at ESPN asked to pick the winner, UND is the safe bet; however, I would give more credibility to WHO'S HOT. That would be UND and Minnesota. UMD will have to prove that Minnesota didn't fill them with doubts. Unfortunately, we're all in the same bracket. Only one can advance. Therefore, I too would pick UND to win it all. While I'm pulling for the Gophers, it will be a herculean undertaking for them to essentially repeat what they did last weekend.

I really do not want Maine or BC to win it. With the WCHA so strong, it should be our year...even though the bracketeers are making it a cinch that only one of the TOP 3 WCHA teams can make it all the way.

If not the Sioux, anyone other than a WCHA team! I don't care about the stupid dominance of the league I care about the Sioux dominance in the WCHA. I would hate to see Duluth or Minnesota or Wisconsin or Denver win the national championship. I'm pro-Sioux!