SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Portland State

hoops44

BSC opener at Pt. St...  P t.St has best OOC record of BSC teams and 2nd best RPI of 121 vs UND RPI of 264.  Pt. St.   is the hottest team in league with 4 straight wins as well as winning 6 of last 7 games ...they have won their last 3 D1 road games.   Their top 6 scorers are all transfers  3 with prior D1 experience.  Caleen Robinson is a former ASU player and ESPN 4 Star recruit.  They lead the BSC in scoring, FG% and Steals....90ppg, 51% shooting and ten steals per game.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

BSC opener at Pt. St...  P t.St has best OOC record of BSC teams and 2nd best RPI of 121 vs UND RPI of 264.  Pt. St.   is the hottest team in league with 4 straight wins as well as winning 6 of last 7 games ...they have won their last 3 D1 road games.   Their top 6 scorers are all transfers  3 with prior D1 experience.  Caleen Robinson is a former ASU player and ESPN 4 Star recruit.  They lead the BSC in scoring, FG% and Steals....90ppg, 51% shooting and ten steals per game.

Get off to a good start.  Would like to see discipline to start conference play but I think we are what we are at this point. 

PSU will be the toughest of the first 4 conference games, HOWEVER....  Given the high expectations and experience of this squad they need to start this on the right foot and win out in Portland.  There should be no excuse for this team to not be rolling into Montana week 4-0 in conference play

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, hoops44 said:

The fact that Portland State will probably be favored... is a pretty good excuse

If we played more disciplined I would say we win this game.  Unfortunately at this point what we have shown the last two games is what we are.   

Wonder why Portland St has to rely on transfers and can't get kids from the basketball hotbed of California out of high school?  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, homer said:

If we played more disciplined I would say we win this game.  Unfortunately at this point what we have shown the last two games is what we are.   

Wonder why Portland St has to rely on transfers and can't get kids from the basketball hotbed of California out of high school?  

yup if we played with more discipline we should have no problem winning at the 8th highest scoring and 7th highest team in steals ...in the country...yup a teams season should be defined by how they played their last 2 games.  Yup  basketball genius  portland state does have 3 Texas kids and 2 California kids on roster.....

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, hoops44 said:

yup if we played with more discipline we should have no problem winning at the 8th highest scoring and 7th highest team in steals ...in the country...yup a teams season should be defined by how they played their last 2 games.  Yup  basketball genius  portland state does have 3 Texas kids and 2 California kids on roster.....

Take away some cupcakes and they are averaging a little over 80 a game.  They put up huge points vs Walla Walla, George Fox and New Hope Christian.   

Joe Lunardi agrees with me that we should win the Big Sky  No excuses this is a down year for this league and UND needs to take advantage   

2 hours ago, homer said:

Take away some cupcakes and they are averaging a little over 80 a game.  They put up huge points vs Walla Walla, George Fox and New Hope Christian.   

Joe Lunardi agrees with me that we should win the Big Sky  No excuses this is a down year for this league and UND needs to take advantage   

Way more previews picked weber to win BSC...Top 5 BSC teams from last season return at least 4 of top 5 players....lunardi picked Weber 4th last season and they won it all

3 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Way more previews picked weber to win BSC...Top 5 BSC teams from last season return at least 4 of top 5 players

Preseason doesn't mean much halfway through the season.   This is his current pick after everyone has played 10

The one they lost was who their offense ran through.  Not easy to replace Bolomboy.  

30 minutes ago, homer said:

Preseason doesn't mean much halfway through the season.   This is his current pick after everyone has played 10

The one they lost was who their offense ran through.  Not easy to replace Bolomboy.  

last year he picked kentucky to win it all after preseason...if you look at his DEC. Brackets and compare them to NCAA tourney results...there are tons of mistakes every year.. furthermore a pick to win the conference does not mean that he believes a team has a greater than 50% chance of winning only an opinion that a team has a better chance than any ONE other team. Joe must be pretty stupid make UND the fav with the Worst coach in the history of D1 basketball at the helm

42 minutes ago, homer said:

CBS Now picks Eastern Washington to win....Team Rankings.com has Weber winning at all with a 35% chance...RPI has  Current RPI predicts UND as 7th best team in BSC...Obviously there is no consensus on who the top team in BSC is.

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 11:52 AM, hoops44 said:

BSC opener at Pt. St...  P t.St has best OOC record of BSC teams and 2nd best RPI of 121 vs UND RPI of 264.  Pt. St.   is the hottest team in league with 4 straight wins as well as winning 6 of last 7 games ...they have won their last 3 D1 road games.  They lead the BSC in scoring, FG% and Steals....90ppg, 51% shooting and ten steals per game.

Can we trade coaches?

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

last year he picked kentucky to win it all after preseason...if you look at his DEC. Brackets and compare them to NCAA tourney results...there are tons of mistakes every year.. furthermore a pick to win the conference does not mean that he believes a team has a greater than 50% chance of winning only an opinion that a team has a better chance than any ONE other team. Joe must be pretty stupid make UND the fav with the Worst coach in the history of D1 basketball at the helm

Like the rest of us he sees we have the talent to win it this year.  Coaching and discipline is what will hold this team back.  No excuses not to win the big Sky this season.  

20 minutes ago, homer said:

Like the rest of us he sees we have the talent to win it this year.  Coaching and discipline is what will hold this team back.  No excuses not to win the big Sky this season.  

who you talking about???? CBS SPORTS?  RPI? Team Rankings .com....All disagree with you!  Ha Ha  .....at least five other BSC teams have subjective thinking fans who feel the same way about their team...most of them are too gutless or not stupid enough to back up their subjective opinion with money...talk is cheap ...money talks bs walks..keep livin in your dream world....You probably think UND would beat Duke with a good coach

15 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

who you talking about???? CBS SPORTS?  RPI? Team Rankings .com....All disagree with you!  Ha Ha  .....at least five other BSC teams have subjective thinking fans who feel the same way about their team...most of them are too gutless or not stupid enough to back up their subjective opinion with money...talk is cheap ...money talks bs walks..keep livin in your dream world....You probably think UND would beat Duke with a good coach

I don't think they would beat Duke but I've watched enough of the Big Sky teams this season to have the opinion it will be embarrassing if we don't win the conference.  I don't care what RPI or anyone else says.  There are not many good teams in the Big Sky this season.  Even you could take a quick look at the standings and schedules to realize this if you don't want to watch any games.   Currently a total of two teams over .500.  Lots of bad schedules.  

Never remotely said they would beat Duke but i fully expect out talented team to win our conference.  If they don't, it's on the coaches.  No excuses.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, homer said:

I don't think they would beat Duke but I've watched enough of the Big Sky teams this season to have the opinion it will be embarrassing if we don't win the conference.  I don't care what RPI or anyone else says.  There are not many good teams in the Big Sky this season.  Even you could take a quick look at the standings and schedules to realize this if you don't want to watch any games.   Currently a total of two teams over .500.  Lots of bad schedules.  

Never remotely said they would beat Duke but i fully expect out talented team to win our conference.  If they don't, it's on the coaches.  No excuses.  

This post proves that you are an expert at subjective reasoning...you discard all informed and objective opinions that do not concur with your agenda....

9 hours ago, homer said:

BSC records vs DI only:

PSU 4-4

EWU 6-5

UND 2-5

Idaho 3-6

Weber St 3-6

Montana 5-8 (no non DI opponents on their schedule)

MSU 3-8

UNC 3-7

Sac St 1-8

NAU 2-10

ISU 1-10

SUU 0-11

33-88 .273

Last season only half of the conference finished above .500 (UND 17-16) overall.

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

This post proves that you are an expert at subjective reasoning...you discard all informed and objective opinions that do not concur with your agenda....

Yep, it's my opinion based on my observations up to this point in the season. 

• Upvote 1