SiouxSports.com Forum

Defense Wins Championships!

BobIwabuchiFan

18 hours ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Hopefully this old adage holds true as we are seeing a pretty good defensive unit for the Sioux this year...what specifically do you like about our defense this year?

As has been mentioned numerous times before, the front seven are talented, deep and young.  

Cole reyes is an all American 

halftime adjustments have been great! 

What I liked about the Weber game is that the minute Weber abandoned the running game it was all over but the crying!  Tank and the line started attacking non-stop and it was awesome to see them demolish the QB for 7 sacks...I was telling my son this at the first qtr when they were passing willy-nilly on us and saying they will live or die by the pass as the running game was effectively stopped...

2 hours ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

What I liked about the Weber game is that the minute Weber abandoned the running game it was all over but the crying!  Tank and the line started attacking non-stop and it was awesome to see them demolish the QB for 7 sacks...I was telling my son this at the first qtr when they were passing willy-nilly on us and saying they will live or die by the pass as the running game was effectively stopped...

Greely was a stud

• Upvote 2

I know they are running a few different defensive front lines, but I really like the Tank line and their pass rush line is crazy fast!  We will need the defense to show up again with an injured starting QB and hopefully Baertels will have a simple offensive play list to do a decent mix of short and long runs! :)