SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

GBpakrzz

I have the following Frozen Four prediction.

West winner = UND (Too much firepower, Zach won't be denied)

Midwest Winner = Gophs (Tourny tough and great offensive talent)

East Winner = Badgers (Superior goal tending will be the difference)

Northeast Winner = BC (Skilled offensive players)

I have UND and BC in the championship game with the Sioux taking it all.

West: UND

Midwest: UMD

East: Maine

NE: UNH

UND over UMD

Maine over UNH

UND over Maine

Actually, I think because UNH is a lower seed than UMD, they would be the #4 seed going into the FF, which would mean UND would play UNH and UMD would play Maine...creating a potential UND v UMD Championship Game.

Actually, I think because UNH is a lower seed than UMD, they would be the #4 seed going into the FF, which would mean UND would play UNH and UMD would play Maine...creating a potential UND v UMD Championship Game.

Nope. They don't re-seed in the semifinals. It will be west vs. midwest and east vs. northeast in the semifinals.

No reseeding for the FF.

I'm going to go with Bob and just say that Jimmy Howard by himself constitutes a NC title.

Realistically speaking:

West: UND

Midwest: Minny

The other two (Maine, Michigan, UW, or BC) are irrelevant because these two above will play for the NC.

Nope. They don't re-seed in the semifinals. It will be west vs. midwest and east vs. northeast in the semifinals.

Thats because they don't want to see an all west final in Bean Town. I think UND's region is the weakest and they should have the least path of resistance to get to the Frozen Four. I can't believe they sent Michigan out east. I am sure Jerry York is thrilled about the prospect of playing Michigan if both teams advance past their first game.

I have the following Frozen Four prediction.

West winner = UND (Too much firepower, Zach won't be denied)

Midwest Winner = Gophs (Tourny tough and great offensive talent)

East Winner = Badgers (Superior goal tending will be the difference)

Northeast Winner = BC (Skilled offensive players)

I have UND and BC in the championship game with the Sioux taking it all.

West.....Siooooouux

Midwest....Minnesota

East.....Ohio St. (my sleeper) ;)

Northeast....BC

Sioux avenge loss in Final Five

BC shows Ohio St. that it was a mistake they were there.

Sioux show BC that the East really does suck

NC Banner #8 gets raised along with WCHA banner at the Ralph in the fall :D

Not that I don't have any faith or would ever try to deny Zach Parise anything, but does anyone recall the last time we were this sure of our team winning it all... as in the '98 and '99 "one and done" years? I want to see the Sioux win it all as much as anyone else, but doesn't predicting it and our "calling the shot" tend to put a hex on the whole effort? :D

And if you need anymore arguments from me, I personally went on espn.com's message boards 3 years ago, when the Sioux were about to play for a second championship vs. BC, and proceeded to tell everyone on that board who didn't think Panzer deserved the Hobey/UND would would it again to go to he$$... and we all know how that ended... I guess what I am trying to say is, I will leave the predictions and the smack talk to others, I will just cheer really hard for the team ;)

Not that I don't have any faith or would ever try to deny Zach Parise anything, but does anyone recall the last time we were this sure of our team winning it all... as in the '98 and '99 "one and done" years? I want to see the Sioux win it all as much as anyone else, but doesn't predicting it and our "calling the shot" tend to put a hex on the whole effort? :D

I will leave the predictions and the smack talk to others, I will just cheer really hard for the team ;)

Dude, I don't think that fans predicts do anything for the teams MoJo or lack there of. In fact none of us have any bearing on the games what so ever. But what ever.

Dude, I don't think that fans predicts do anything for the teams MoJo or lack there of. In fact none of us have any bearing on the games what so ever. But what ever.

Exactly! Sheesh.... have a little fun, eh?

And if you need anymore arguments from me, I personally went on espn.com's message boards 3 years ago, when the Sioux were about to play for a second championship vs. BC, and proceeded to tell everyone on that board who didn't think Panzer deserved the Hobey/UND would would it again to go to he$$... and we all know how that ended... I guess what I am trying to say is, I will leave the predictions and the smack talk to others, I will just cheer really hard for the team ;)

I know baseballs supposed to be the superstitous sport but I hear you on this one, Saturday night was the first night that the Sioux lost when I wore my lucky shirt. Although I did put it on after we were down. Anyway I get real bent when the Sioux lose and I do believe in hexes. Somehow betting against my team works out most of the time. :angry:

ND vs Wisconsin in redemption

Good luck in the West folks. I hope you make it to Boston, but of course, I hope that's where it end as I'm hoping the Gophers will be there as well.

Great game last night, glad to see a back and forth final and a close game. It'd be fun to see us play again.

Gophers and Sioux will play for it all in the semi. Maine over Michigan in the other semi.

I won't pick against the Gophers but they will have to improve dramatically defensively if they are to beat the Sioux again. No way do the Sioux allow five again.

I agree...give the edge in experience to the gophers, but UND is the more talented team. If they string together the two wins necessary I think they will beat UM.

That's assuming UM makes it past Duluth, who I'm sure are frothing at the mouth at the chance for redemption.

I was at the games this weekend, and I have to say (though slightly disappointed at the outcome) what a great game. However sloppy defensively, there were powerplay goals, a shorthanded undressing, great saves, great shots, good calls, bad calls...it was fun to be a part of the event.

The rematch will be similar, but without the cushy home ice advantage for UM. I actually want UND to be the team to unseat UM and earn that 8th banner. I think it's necessary.

"To be the best, you have to beat the best" I heard that somewhere.