SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers at Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

MEDLE Hey buddy I have no I idea how to say it outher than Fu^& Off. I am so sick of the home ice advanagw thw Gophs get it is not even funny ALL of you gophers fans can FU*& off

Without the vulgar you're right on and every Minnesota fan knows it too. The only team that gets more favoritism is Michigan but Minnesota's not far behind now that they got the final 5 every year.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Gophers had something to do with both the 'dogs and UND's turnovers. Give the Gophers some credit.

I give the Gophers all the credit in the world for winning. They took full advantage of the bad Sioux turnovers. But I have also watched 28 Sioux games this season, which I think gives me a pretty good idea of how well UND is capable of playing compared to how they played tonight.

I knew if I came to your site, there would be many complaining about the reffing. That's certainly a constant. I spend far more time on the POI site after a loss and they rarely spend so much time complaining about how the refs screwed us.

You're funny. :D

Why was UMN's 3rd goal waved off?

Without video replay and the automatic review of goals, I'm sure that goal would have counted. However, based on what I saw, Brandt poke-checked the puck away from Tallackson before the puck entered the crease. Tallackson continued into the crease and hit Brandt. Waibel shot the puck in while Tallackson was in the crease. Therefore, no goal.

I give the Gophers all the credit in the world for winning. They took full advantage of the bad Sioux turnovers. But I have also watched 28 Sioux games this season, which I think gives me a pretty good idea of how well UND is capable of playing compared to how they played tonight.

You're funny. :D

I haven't had the opportunity to see the games on the tv, but I listen to them on the internet every chance I get. Even though I haven't seen as many games, I agree with you that they are capable of playing much better than they played tonight. I really worry now, that the gophers have a ton of confidence, bordering on the line of cocky, going into the playoffs, and that is something I didn't want to see happen if the Sioux lost tonight, but it did, so there is nothing we can do about that.

Without video replay and the automatic review of goals, I'm sure that goal would have counted. However, based on what I saw, Brandt poke-checked the puck away from Tallackson before the puck entered the crease. Tallackson continued into the crease and hit Brandt. Waibel shot the puck in while Tallackson was in the crease. Therefore, no goal.

Roger, thanks for the explanation PCM. Still not fully convinced, but only because I wasn't allowed the opportunity to see it for myself.

I saw an event tonite. I'm not even going to try and analyze the play. This game was exciting from a fan's perspective. More twists and turns and suspence than a good mystery novel, cold dead chances that were and weren't converted on, heavy hitting, some scrums, outstanding individual efforts.

I'm spent, and I'm not even that disappointed. This game could have gone either way. We made a couple more mistakes the ended up costing us than the gophers otherwise I thought we played them fairly even, though the game had ups and downs at times for both teams.

This kind of game is why I'm a college hockey fan. What a great time.

I love my Sioux.

You are the man, dagies. My thoughts exactly. Go Sioux.

And in more good news, it looks like CC is in the tourney. That means UND either gets to play the Tigers in Colorado Springs or they get to go to Michigan. Oh joy. ;)

With CC in would that mean that the committee would just have UND and CC in the Springs? Then that'd mean the possibility of MN and Duluth in Michigan :D Or would Duluth be facing a trip out east?? It's not possible that they'd (committee) send UND and Duluth to CC, is it? Even with the loss UND still is ahead of MN in the RPI so UND should go to the Springs since that is a "league" rink/"closer" to home, right?

And in more good news, it looks like CC is in the tourney. That means UND either gets to play the Tigers in Colorado Springs or they get to go to Michigan. Oh joy. :D

That's crap. Minnesota plays fourht fiddle all season long when it actually means something and when it comes to tourney time they come alive. Sounds liek the NHL to me.

UND gave this game away, but Minnesota deserved to win. The fact that Zach Parise didn't get MVP is a crime of epic proportions. He nearly singlehandedly dragged his team to the Broadmoor. He had what 7 points this weekend? Moronic. :D

Are you serious. Yes he should have been up there. But I think Irmen got screwed on not getting the MVP.

Are you serious. Yes he should have been up there. But I think Irmen got screwed on not getting the MVP.

How could he be serious? If Zach were named MVP, the home-team fans would not have been happy. And after all, isn't that what the Final 5 is all about? In fact, I think the all-tournament team should have consisted of all Gophers.

Irmen would have been a better choice than Briggs.

Irmen was by far the MVP of the Tourney. You talk about a player that plays with heart and never gives up that would be Danny Irmen. Thank god we have him for 3 more years.

All I can say is, that is was one of the best hockey games I have seen. Back and forth all game. To bad we couldn't have had a better ref. I think Mr SHeppard has to look at all his Ref in the WCHA and realize that he needs to get new ones

Irmen was by far the MVP of the Tourney. You talk about a player that plays with heart and never gives up that would be Danny Irmen. Thank god we have him for 3 more years.

All I can say is, that is was one of the best hockey games I have seen. Back and forth all game. To bad we couldn't have had a better ref. I think Mr SHeppard has to look at all his Ref in the WCHA and realize that he needs to get new ones

We do talk about a player with heart and never gives up. Interestingly enough, He wears #11 for Green and White. That's why he was involved in most (if not all) of the goals we scored.

Although, if you ask Mazzocco, the answer would have to be Ballard. He's the best player ever to grace the ice according to them. It was almost like Ballard blah blah blah blah Ballard blah blah oh yeah, by the way, the Sioux have Parise but who cares because Ballard blah blah blah blah.

God I hate that. Ballard wasn't even the best GOPHER player on the ice tonight. Hell, I saw a dude on the jumbotron dancing in a Gopher jersey who had a bigger presence in the game.

In any case, Danny Irmen is a good player and you will have him for 3 more years thanks to the fact he's a Wild draft pick. I hope he meets Roche. If he does, he'll be a lock in for sure for all 3 more years in Minny.

I am completely serious. Zach had 7 points in 2 games. He can't do everything, but he came mighty close. He sure as hell was worthy of being the MVP of the tourney, his team losing notwithstanding. And Briggs sure didn't deserve it. He had .885 SV% in two games. That sucks.

If Danny Irmen won, fine. If Ryan Potulny won, fine. If Sally Gopher won, fine. :D Briggs didn't deserve it though.

Oh, and there have been many MVPs named that were on losing teams. Unfortunately I'm tired and not too stat savvy. I'm sure someone can find it out.

MVP is the best player on the ice, period. It isn't supposed to be the best player on the ice on the winning team unless he directly contributed to the victory in such a manner that anyone else would not have been able to do so. Briggs nor Brandt were the best players on the ice, so they shouldn't have been MVP. Who had the most points in the game? Parise has at least 4 (1g3a). UND may have lost, but if Zach wasn't on the ice, the very highest the score for UND would have been was 5-3. In most probable cases, it probably would have been 5-1 UMN without Parise. BIG difference.

When was the last time you seen a player be MVP on the losing side.

how about last season's Stanley Cup finals?

Also has for the home crowd, we cant help that MN brings in the MOst $$$ for the Final 5 location.

Yes I know, and in addition to hosting the final 5 every year, I think Minnesota should host a regional every year and the Frozen 4 at least every-other-year.

I just got back from watching Minnesota's North Dakota boys beat North Dakota's Minnesota boys. Does anyone else find this a little odd?

Random thoughts before I go sleepy ni ni:

G. Potulny's goal (assisted by ND's Jake Brandt) made me sick. Blah. I'm very proud he's from from the great state of North Dakota, but just how much wonderful happy good time hockey hero crap can one guy have in 4 years?

Giving Vanek the puck in front of your own net is a silly thing to do. This guy picks some sweet cherries.

Crowd was very loud towards the end of the game. I didn't know Goofers could cheer like that.

Why must I get seats right near the band? Why must I have to listen to that gawd-awful rouser? Why do I sometimes catch myself humming that very same song when I'm doing chores around the house? Oh yeah, I associate it with pain and agony, that's why.

Briggs the MVP? Yeah baybay. Nice one. Seriously, isn't it enough that the Goofs get perpetual home ice for this WCHA fund raiser?

ok den. Congrats to the Gopher.

taz

Two areas of the game ticked me off. The wrap around goal that went between Brandt's legs and the give-away in our zone that led to a goal. Those were way too easy to give up.

Again, that was one of the finest NCAA hockey games I have ever watched.

G. Potulny's goal (assisted by ND's Jake Brandt) made me sick. Blah. I'm very proud he's from from the great state of North Dakota, but just how much wonderful happy good time hockey hero crap can one guy have in 4 years?

Giving Vanek the puck in front of your own net is a silly thing to do. This guy picks some sweet cherries.

Crowd was very loud towards the end of the game. I didn't know Goofers could cheer like that.

Why must I get seats right near the band? Why must I have to listen to that gawd-awful rouser? Why do I sometimes catch myself humming that very same song when I'm doing chores around the house? Oh yeah, I associate it with pain and agony, that's why.

LOL

Giving the puck to Vanek is like us leaving the puck for Parise or Bochenski...not a good idea.

I once in a while find my mind doing the Michigan song...yikes...

I'd agree w/ everyone that said Irmen shoulda got the MVP, man that kid can play...

UND did their fans proud, the game was tight and full of ups and downs...I was so drained last night when I got home, I couldn't even open a barley pop! Was this a preview of the Frozen Four? We all can only hope to see these two teams square off agian in Beantown.

WPoS