SiouxSports.com Forum

Jim Rome

GeauxSioux

I first heard Jim Rome on the radio about ten years ago while on the road for work.  I listened to it for about half an hour and had to turn it off, as it had to be one of the stupidest shows I had ever heard.  "Clones" calling in with their "take".  Rome saying the same thing over and over again for 5-10 minutes, trying to sound intelligent.  I ran some errands yesterday, station surfing, and heard him on the radio talking about the kid from FSU that killed two people and was likely on some drugs.  Rome spent five minutes talking about it, saying since the kid was not an athlete he wasn't going to talk about it.

How is this man still on the radio?  Who listens to him?  Maybe I am just too old and not enough of a sports nut, but I just don't get the appeal of Jim Rome's show.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

I first heard Jim Rome on the radio about ten years ago while on the road for work.  I listened to it for about half an hour and had to turn it off, as it had to be one of the stupidest shows I had ever heard.  "Clones" calling in with their "take".  Rome saying the same thing over and over again for 5-10 minutes, trying to sound intelligent.  I ran some errands yesterday, station surfing, and heard him on the radio talking about the kid from FSU that killed two people and was likely on some drugs.  Rome spent five minutes talking about it, saying since the kid was not an athlete he wasn't going to talk about it.

How is this man still on the radio?  Who listens to him?  Maybe I am just too old and not enough of a sports nut, but I just don't get the appeal of Jim Rome's show.

Rome is unlistenable. Period. 

44 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

Agree completely. I don't know if you've seen the feud him and Harbaugh are in, but its hilarious.  He rips on Harbaugh for being arrogant. Pot calling the kettle black?!

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2016/8/17/12516826/jim-rome-disses-jim-harbaugh-harbaugh-throws-haymaker-back

52 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I feel like Jim Rome gave rise to neanderthals like Skip Bayless.  How that guy gets over 3 million a year is beyond me.  I personally quit watching any "news" show on ESPN because he was on their station.

What do you have against Neanderthals?  They dont want to be lumped in with the likes of Skip Bayless. :)

• Upvote 1