SiouxSports.com Forum

MCNAUGHTON CUP COMES HOME!

dagies

Ditto here PCM. Your wisdom, your spirit, and your generosity has taken you far in this life and, in that it appears that you claim to be an old man, will take you even farther in the next.

Jeez, I'm not that old. :D

Anyone else see the Mpls (Red) Star/Tribune this morning? Headline " Bulldogs end up in second place"...What would be so wrong with "Sioux Win MacNaughton Cup"... It just killed them to acknowledge that UND won it... Some WCHA roundup that was...you had to dig pretty deep to find out...then, of course, they forgot to put UND's win in the points standings - UND has 41 points, not 39...

Oh well, just keep those little Gopher blinders on a while longer while you fight over fourth place with St. Cloud State and Denver...

Great job Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to leave AZ for some games at the ncaa regionals wherever they end up!!!!!!!!! Way to grab the cup...The Sioux won it on their terms and i think that is very impressive the way they did in duluth last weekend and last nights game..This is great....keep rolling now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed in PCM's picture that Greene has his hands taped, the only one on the team. Does he normally or was this special for this weekend in case a certain Mr. Scott decided he wanted to have a rumble? ???

It's to hide the foil. :lol:

Let me start out by say that PCM can't be that old. Why he hasn't received anything from AARP. I know about AAPR because I do receive material from them. Well anyway, this was a great weekend for the "FIGHTIN SIOUX" now we gotten the cup out of our system. Now we can forcus on the serious part of the season. The Post Season. All I can say let's take it one team at a time. Better yet the road to Boston goes through GRAND FORKS.

FIGHTIN SIOUX SINCE 1973

The Sioux win 5 out of the last 8 Mcnaughten cups. Not too bad if you ask me. I guess they are going to have to make room in the rafters for another banner. Oh yeah 12>10.

Apparently they have to make room for two banners up there.

The WCHA recognizes UND as having won 13 WCHA titles.

There are only 11 currently hung in The Ralph.

We're missing a 1963 (co-)WCHA regular season banner from this expanding array.