SiouxSports.com Forum

MCNAUGHTON CUP COMES HOME!

dagies

Great way for the Sioux to rip away the McNaughton at the end of the season. Dominated Tech tonite. Too bad Jake didn't get the shutout but that's a small part of the story tonite.

Sioux stumble a bit near the end of the season, but get well again at Mankato and really make a statement last week at Duluth and then win it outright in convincing fashion tonite.

I was one who fell victim to doubting our goaltending after Wisconsin but give the boys, especially Jake, credit for rebounding quickly.

I don't believe this team exhausted themselves to get the Cup. We'll see what happens in the games to come but I think this team is on the top of its game and I can't wait for the following games.

WAY TO GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the players and everyone in the program. The team seems to be playing very well right now, and though there's a lot of important hockey still to be played, this is a fine accomplishment.

Having Lundbohm and Porter (and at times Bochenski) on the second line reminds me of the Johnson/Krmpotich (sp) second line that made that team so tough to play against. In fact, in terms of being such a brute on skates, Porter reminds me of Johnson. Anyway, very nice depth by the team in this rush to close out the season.

And thanks to both goaltenders for giving the team a consistently solid presence between the pipes. While Jake is the man, I can honestly say that if he became unavailable, I would be confident of the team's chances to go far with JPar in the net. This is a luxury few teams have. (The 1998 disappointment at Yost had more to do with Karl getting injured in practice that week than with Yost, IMO.)

Congrats again and Go Sioux!

Having Lundbohm and Porter (and at times Bochenski) on the second line reminds me of the Johnson/Krmpotich (sp) second line that made that team so tough to play against. In fact, in terms of being such a brute on skates, Porter reminds me of Johnson. Anyway, very nice depth by the team in this rush to close out the season.

Lundy seems to be on a mission to close out his career, I think he has made a serious contribution to the Fighting Sioux sucess. Way to go David.

2004_Cup.jpg

Congratulations Fighting Sioux!

Sweet! Is there any way to get this pic to wallpaper size? Not right now or anything just wondering, because if there is I'll keep my Sioux sweep over the Gophers pic until it is ready. ;)

Umm, guess I should read previous posts. I'll just leave this here to prove how big of an idiot I am once again. :D

Ask and you shall receive! :D

This is the small version just to give you an idea of how it looks. Get the large (1024x768) high-res version here. If anyone needs smaller sizes than that, let me know and I'll scale it down to 800x600 and 640x480.

UND_WCHA_2004_small.jpg