SiouxSports.com Forum

Kleinsasser free agent on Wed?

jimdahl

I think Jimmy wanted to play for the Redskins before he was drafted. ??? I remember it seemed odd his "dream" team was not the Vikings.

You're right, I remember a story form a few years back talking about him loving a Redskins jersey he had. also, it is no secret that he loves Bill Parcells and vice versa, the Cowboys are actually who they have talked about having the most interest in him as of a week ago.

You're right, I remember a story form a few years back talking about him loving a Redskins jersey he had. also, it is no secret that he loves Bill Parcells and vice versa, the Cowboys are actually who they have talked about having the most interest in him as of a week ago.

PLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE don't go to the Cowboys.

PARDON MY IGNORANCE......But I presume Kleinsasser i UND grad? When? How many years in the NFL?

Being from Virginia............and new to posting here.........and a Virginia Tech grad, but BIG Sioux fan through some friends in "NODAK" (friends since forever)..I'd like to know of other North Dakotan in the NFL, or some who used to be.

For any who are not familiar w/ Virginia Tech grads in the Nfl, I'll give you the "old" & the "new": Bruce Smith & Michael Vick.

Thanks guys........oh yeah, and maybe something to keep this thread going: Do you think the Vikings should trash the dome ans go back to REAL Viking football, meaning of course OUTDOORS !!!!!!

Dear Mike McFeely,

After reading your editorial in regards to Jim Kleinsasser and his free-agent status, I find myself in a current state of bewilderment and pondering. How the hell did you get your job? Who hired you and what were their motives for hiring you? Were you and Steve Hallstrom separated at birth? You both seem to share the same brain of inactivity. You are the most negative, superficial, ignorant columnist of sensationalism that I have ever seen. Your meager attempt at "big city" journalism is displaying just how pathetic you are. Hello Michael, you live in Fargo, ND. We all see right through you on this one. You have to include substance and credibility in your columns, Mikey. I haven't seen any of that out of you for quite some time now. So now it's time to take down all your Jim Rome posters off your walls, and stop sending fanatical mail to him on a weekly basis. Come back to reality and start writing columns like you used to - with knowledgable tact and without a biased hatred of UND. It is really sad to see that your deep hatred (and jealousy) of UND has filtered down into your no-talent, uninformed opinion regarding NFL football also. Oh by the way Michael, ndsu ended the rivalry by leaving Division II football, NOT UND.

I don't think McFeely is so much anti-anything-in-particular as he likes to stir the pot, take a contrarian viewpoint. If you're a Sioux fan, you're intrigued when he explores the Bison's foibles; if you're a Bison fan, you find him tolerable only when he's reporting on the Sioux's foibles. Personally, I've always found his willingness to intentionally explore a contrarian point of view interesting, even if he does sometimes have to go a little over the top to do it.

I found it funny how ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli wrote that the Vikes would have had to seriously revamp their running game if the Vikes lost Kleinsasser. He also called him very underrated and he seen the value of Jimmy to the Vikings, where as McFeeley's hatred toward UND clouded his vision.

I agree with UNDvince on this one for sure.

Nice for Jimmy. Now he can expect the Alumni Association to be "nice" to him ... ???

On a related note, it appears the Queens are seriously shopping Moss. Right now to Miami.

BTW: McFeely is an idiot. His past columns indicate a complete ignorance of sports, and possible paint huffing. ;):D

I read McFeely's column and it didn't strike me as being anti-UND. ???

PCM,

I realize that his column on Jimmy wasn't anti-UND on the surface. But for him to say that Jim is overrated in his pass-catching abilities, makes me think that there is an underlying, subtle bias against him because he is from UND. Either that, or he just didn't do his homework. All that aside, McFeely is and has been anti-UND in every possible aspect that he can. I don't think anyone can refute that. I was merely trying to correlate that with his recent column in regards to Jimmy.

McFeely is an idiot.

I agree with that. I don't agree with McFeely's opinon on the value of Kleinsasser to the Vikings, and I'm not even a Vikings fan. I believe the Vikings have under-used him as a pass receiver from day one.

There have been issues on which when McFeely's pro-NDSU bias has clearly gotten the better of him. I just don't think this is one of them.

I realize that his column on Jimmy wasn't anti-UND on the surface. But for him to say that Jim is overrated in his pass-catching abilities, makes me think that there is an underlying, subtle bias against him because he is from UND.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just think that you're reading too much into it.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just think that you're reading too much into it.

PCM,

While I respect your opinion also, please include my whole post if you are going to quote me on something. The rest of my post that you quoted stated that I was relating his anti-UND bias to his column on Jimmy. You failed to include that in your quote of my post. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but that was my reasoning.