SiouxSports.com Forum

DraftKings/FanDuel

darell1976

I didn't know where to put this topic, so I stuck it here. Anyone do one or both of these sites? If so have you won it big like the commercial shows. I play Draft Kings and have only won a few bucks on a contest no hundreds or thousands of dollars. 

Can't believe the gov't hasn't stepped in to totally shut these sites down. 

Its not sports betting by definition of federal law. Federal law states its illegal to bet on teams (outside of Vegas), but these sites you are not betting on the team you are betting on the players. Thats how its legal...for now. 

I heard that.  Interesting loophole that will be closed soon...imho...

It came out in that story about the Draft Kings employee who won like $300,000 on Fan Duel. They explained about the two sites, how much money they are raking in and that loophole. I put in 50 bucks about a month ago and have been playing every day with the winning i get until i strike it big (which will be the day after never).

Its not sports betting by definition of federal law. Federal law states its illegal to bet on teams (outside of Vegas), but these sites you are not betting on the team you are betting on the players. Thats how its legal...for now. 

And Nevada begs to differ and is requiring these sites to get a gaming license.  There's as much "skill" involved in fantasy sports as there is playing the slots.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is either lying or completely delusional. And the fact that the bigger sites are run by professional gamblers doesn't really help their cause, or pro sports' attempts to show how "clean" they are.

• 1 month later...