• Drew Stafford
    • Nate Ziegelmann
    • Eric Fabian
    • Scott Foyt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for J Par. Murray has been one of the top players on the team but where would we be without J Par. It's hard to say. Surprising that J Par doesn't have more votes.

JPar has been fine in nets, but not an "MVP".....once again, there is still Brandt, and maybe Zieglman.

I cast my vote for Fabian. Couldn't stand to see him posted there without a vote, especially seeing how he garnered a 4.0 recently. Not a small achievement at Kupcella U.

Now, someone needs to vote for Ziggy. Of all the players, except perhaps for Foyt, he is the only one who has not made a bonehead move on the ice at least once or twice. Sadly, only because he has not been between the pipes. Much anyway.

Seriously, this is an awesome group of guys. Let's hope that they, and their teammates, are focused and mature enough to turn a fine season into a memorable season.

JPar has been fine in nets, but not an "MVP".....once again, there is still Brandt, and maybe Zieglman.

We aren't voting for MVP! We're voting for the best rookie. You're right there is still Brandt but in my opinion J Par has made the biggest impact on the team of any rookie.

Is it just me or has Drew Stafford actually been a big disappointment? I know he is very young but after his great goal in the HOF game I expected more. He is actually average at best in my opinion. I know he will be great before he leaves though. :lol:

Dude, have a little patience.

He started out very strong, and set our expectations high. But give him time. He's only a freshman, and young at that. He didn't play juniors before he came, so he came in with less seasoning than most. I agree he's faded a bit late in the year from how he started but that's not uncommon with freshman, nor with freshman who go to play a grueling world junior tournament.

He's had a decent freshman year. Hopefully we can see a few more points on the board here late.

Is it just me or has Drew Stafford actually been a big disappointment? I know he is very young but after his great goal in the HOF game I expected more. He is actually average at best in my opinion. I know he will be great before he leaves though. :lol:

I am not sure what you use to decide if a person is a disapointment. However, 21 points in 25 games is not a disapointment in my book.

While Murray has played with Parise every game since game 1, has been on every power play since game 1, and seen significant ice time in every situation, Stafford has played with pretty much everyone. The games he has been with Parise he has produced like in Houghton. When he played with Purpich, Purpich had a hat trick in Denver. When he played with Mcmahon and Fyllying, Fylling had a career weekend. He assisted on both of Genoway's goals last weekend. I think, and I agree, that the coaches are more conerned with keeping Bochenski going, since Bocheski is a right wing and Stafford is a right wing, Stafford's icetime is limited. He has not been on the first power play unit at all, and has not been on power play at all for the last month. Points are not the only part of production.

I would have to go with Murray. His speed is a great asset to the team. He has at least met and maybe exceeded expectations and that is a good accomplishment considering he was considered a big time recruit. Porter would get my vote for second with J Par third and Stafford fourth. Smaby has been a disappointment IMO.

We have been awfully spoiled with defensemen like Schneider, Jones, Fuher, Greene coming in the last few years if we think Smaby is a "big disappointment".

He's a freshman, again who did not play juniors like most, who is big, skates well and plays physically. It's no surprise that he makes some rookie mistakes.

Smaby has made some mistakes there's no doubt. But he hasn't taken the number of dumb penalties that Greene took last year that hurt the team at crucial times and cost some games.

If Greene wasn't a disappointment last year, Smaby isn't this year. Greene might have been a little better last year when he was on the ice, but I bet he cost the same number of goals. I have no doubt as Smaby gains experience we're going to be very happy with him. And I think he handles the puck a bit better than some of our defenseman. When he's comfortable, I think that's going to pay dividends.