SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA Championship Game Dream Match-Up: BU vs. PC

MafiaMan

PC HC "....little disappointed we didn't WIN the game."

Ummmmmm...your team is grossly overrated from what I saw in 2 nights. Got totally out played for most of the 125 minutes and you get a good bounce goal w 38 seconds left to eek out a tie.

Hak post game is all "coach" speak but least he is never delusional.

DISCLAIMER: My family has roots about 15 minutes away from Providence College so I've followed them over the years - devil's advocate rebuttal.

Providence College, among many other schools like UNH, Maine, UMass-Lowell, etc., have long played second-fiddle to BC and BU out in Hockey East. I think Nate Leaman is working hard to change the culture where wins against top programs are EXPECTED, not hoped for. This was a "put-the-team-on-the-hockey-map" series for the Friars and it didn't go well for them. The squad was lucky to eke out a tie last night. I can understand his and the team's disappointment and think that that didn't exactly come across the way he wanted to in his comments.

Of course, devil's devil's advocate might suggest he's just another hoity-toity east coast prick who believes anything west of Philadelphia should be mocked and ridiculed...

A little trip down memory lane...some spot-on analysis there about the PC Friars by Oxbow6...   ;)