SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

I would consider myself a realist on expectations and I would have to agree with UND-FB-Fan. The coaching job I saw last year was one of the best jobs I have seen in a while, and I have been watching college football at UND and in the area for a very long time.

Bubba took a defense of Mussmans backups and turned them into the best in the conference. He had a team go through 3 qbs and still went 5-6. I would say Mussmans roster the year before had more talent by far and they went 3-8 with some very bad losses. Just and incredible job by Bubba and staff.

I expect the defense to keep them in most games this year and if the offense improves to even middle of the road Big Sky and the team catches some breaks they could get to 7-8 wins. More realalistic would be 5-6 but I think they could be a playoff team this year with the right breaks. Do I expect them to beat NDSU, not at all, but you never know.

I'm so sick of all these FU folk on here. This is a UND thread. Yes, we have been irrelevant, but won't be for much longer. We know it because its visible. You know it because you are on here and the game is coming fast! Save all your crap for after the game. We obviously don't care what pessimistic banter you keep trying to spread on here. If we did, we'd go to Bisonswell where all you FU fans continue to swell those enormous heads of yours.... 

I'm so sick of all these FU folk on here. This is a UND thread. Yes, we have been irrelevant, but won't be for much longer. We know it because its visible. You know it because you are on here and the game is coming fast! Save all your crap for after the game. We obviously don't care what pessimistic banter you keep trying to spread on here. If we did, we'd go to Bisonswell where all you FU fans continue to swell those enormous heads of yours.... 

You know, sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel you think you see is really a freight train bearing down on you.

You know, sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel you think you see is really a freight train bearing down on you.

Thank you nosidel for pointing out exactly what I am talking about...you are so annoying. This post you made is idiotic

Thank you nosidel for pointing out exactly what I am talking about...you are so annoying. This post you made is idiotic

I guess I shouldn't have expected you to get it. It's about self-delusion...seeing something other than reality. Sometimes hope does that to us.

• Downvote 1

I guess I shouldn't have expected you to get it. It's about self-delusion...seeing something other than reality. Sometimes hope does that to us.

Right...you assume I didn't get it and mention that you believe I didn't get it, to what? Make yourself seem credible? More intelligent? Superior? 

Well your assumption is incorrect, making you look like the @$$ you are!

I understood what you meant. The problem here is that your the one not getting it. You're on a UND fan board spreading your FU garbage that none of us care to hear.

We are getting better and that is visible! 

Right...you assume I didn't get it and mention that you believe I didn't get it, to what? Make yourself seem credible? More intelligent? Superior? 

I understood what you meant. The problem here is that your the one not getting it. You're on a UND fan board spreading your FU garbage that none of us care to hear.

Well, if you see "visible" improvement in a 5-7 season with, maybe, one significant win...well more power to you. Most people would say that, despite the great Bubba's presence, UND hasn't proven a thing on the field yet.

• Downvote 3

Part of it is a little worry by some of these NDSU die hards i'm sure. I don't think they are worried about losing to UND next year, or even if Bubba starts making the playoffs consistently. Most probably care could care less because its different conferences. I do think they are probably worried though because there are a ton of bandwagon fans in this state and if Bubba starts putting a winning product on the field NDSU has a lot more competition for some of those dollars from those bandwagon fans. 

For me I think it would be awesome if both teams were selling out games every week at home and playing in the playoffs. It would make college football even bigger than it already is in this area. I think most ND residents would like that, but my guess is most of these NDSU die hards that post here wouldn't be thrilled about sharing the spotlight or some of those NDSU  bandwagon fans with UND. This is probably why some Bison fans don't want Gameday to come for the game with UND because they don't want to share the spotlight with UND. 

Before the trolls jump all over me I know UND has a long ways to go to get to that point, I was just stating I don't think it would be something you NDSU guys would like to see. 

• Upvote 1

Well, if you see "visible" improvement in a 5-7 season with, maybe, one significant win...well more power to you. Most people would say that, despite the great Bubba's presence, UND hasn't proven a thing on the field yet.

OMG...please leave you miserable person! Someone please kick this fool

• Upvote 1

Dear Sir,

Please use some common-sense when you post.

"Most people" who are familiar with UND football, and even honest NDSU fans, understand that UND football is improving. There is no reason UND can't be a top 3 Big Sky Conference team every season considering where its facilities and budget are at right now. Of course, this can only happen as long as UND is led by competent coaches; fortunately, Bubba and his assistants are just that. Unfortunately, before last season, UND was led by incompetent coaching. 

UND, in 2013, went 3-8, then, after Mussman was fired, they lost several key contributors, including a couple who will be playing/starting on FBS squads in 2015. Bubba, coaching a decimated, inexperienced roster, then went ahead and improved two games from 3-8 in 2013 to 5-7 in 2014. Now, UND has its entire defense returning (which was #1 in the Big Sky Conference in 2014) and several talent additions to the offense (including a few in progress) for the 2015 season. Also, the recruiting classes Bubba has put together so far are filled with ND/MN/Canadian talent which will better prevent defections. 

"Most" - as you put it - would look at that and see improvement in 2015 for UND. Mark my words, UND will have a winning season in 2015. 

• Upvote 4

Dear Sir,

"Most people" who are familiar with UND football, and even honest NDSU fans, understand that UND football is improving. There is no reason UND can't be a top 3 Big Sky Conference team every season considering where its facilities and budget are at right now. Of course, this can only happen as long as UND is led by competent coaches; fortunately, Bubba and his assistants are just that. Unfortunately, before last season, UND was led by incompetent coaching. 

UND, in 2013, went 3-8, then, after Mussman was fired, they lost several key contributors, including a couple who will be playing/starting on FBS squads in 2015. Bubba, coaching a decimated, inexperienced roster, then went ahead and improved two games from 3-8 in 2013 to 5-7 in 2014. Now, UND has its entire defense returning (which was #1 in the Big Sky Conference in 2014) and several talent additions to the offense (including a few in progress) for the 2015 season. Also, the recruiting classes Bubba has put together so far are filled with ND/MN/Canadian talent which will better prevent defections. 

"Most" - as you put it - would look at that and see improvement in 2015 for UND. Mark my words, UND will have a winning season in 2015. 

YES! THIS^^^ nosidel

Thank you for taking the time to explain exactly what I am talking about. I lack the patients or care to waste time explaining such visible evidence to someone so incompetent. 

• Upvote 1

It was a miracle that the team won even two games last year. It was a train wreck. Basically everything went wrong before the season and during the season between defections and injuries. Anyone who knows football and followed last years team would be appreciative.
  • Upvote 2

Dear Sir,

So, that's what you've got, a two win improvement, and an "everybody knows" argument?

OK, that's pretty weak, but whatever makes you feel better.

• Downvote 4

It was a miracle that the team won even two games last year. It was a train wreck. Basically everything went wrong before the season and during the season between defections and injuries. Anyone who knows football and followed last years team would be appreciative.

I would agree, pretty much everything that could have gone wrong last year did.  We started the year with a number of holes already and many things that needed to be worked on.  Then on top of that we got nailed with tons of injuries during .  By the end of the season our starting QB was a redshirt freshman that was on the scout team a week before he had his first start.  I wonder how NDSU, or any team for that matter had to finish up the second half of their season with their true freshman scout team QB.   Anyway, is it possible to just ignore a users posts.  This would be such a better thread without no clue nosidel.  Let's just ignore every comment he makes and maybe he'll go away.  Let's stop trying to convince him of anything, I honestly don't care what he says or thinks.  Wait....who am I talking about again.....I don't remember, nor do I care to.   Now for me, I'm definitely not going to sit here and try to argue to anybody about how good we'll be next year.  Our defense will be good, but our offense has a lot to prove. 

So, that's what you've got, a two win improvement, and an "everybody knows" argument?

What are you worried about, the fact that UND is getting better or eventually NDSU will go back to the average team in the MVFC like they were in 2008 and 2009. Can't stay on top forever, history has proven that.

Well, to be fair you did say:

In other words, you yourself came up with the notion that there was no "visible" improvement during last season and that "most people" would say that UND hasn't proven a thing. Improvement is obviously relative, so what can you tell me about the 2013 season that led to Mussman's dismissal? That's the season that shows just how decimated the 2014 roster - that Bubba had to work with - was.

I responded using your terms: UND did improve "visibly" by winning more games, playing in more competitive games, and producing the #1 defense in the Big Sky Conference. All of those things are quite "visible", aren't they? Also, "most people" would say Bubba has showed improvement under Bubba's presence; he proved he can coach defense, considering he took many of the same players Mussman had in 2013 and turned them into the #1 BSC defense in 2014, and he proved he can recruit, by bringing in many players in the short-term (FBS transfers and true freshmen) who played right away and played admirably.

Lastly, we are talking about IMPROVEMENT here. No one is saying UND should have been a ranked team last year or is going to be a National Champion this season; however, the point being made by the rational people on this site (you're still trying to join that group, as far as I'm concerned) is that UND is improving. Bubba will continue to improve UND football given his assistants' ability to coach and the recruiting classes he has put together thus far.

With that, I'll apologize to everyone else on this site for even arguing with you, and here's my logic:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

-Mark Twain

• Upvote 1

What are you worried about, the fact that UND is getting better or eventually NDSU will go back to the average team in the MVFC like they were in 2008 and 2009. Can't stay on top forever, history has proven that.

You seem to have that comment on speed dial.  You need to worry more about getting better than NDSU falling. Thats what winners do. I am sure Bubba is trying to instill that in your team after what they have been through with the previous staff.

In other words, you yourself came up with the notion that there was no "visible" improvement during last season and that "most people" would say that UND hasn't proven a thing. Improvement is obviously relative, so what can you tell me about the 2013 season that led to Mussman's dismissal? That's the season that shows just how decimated the 2014 roster - that Bubba had to work with - was.

I responded using your terms: UND did improve "visibly" by winning more games, playing in more competitive games, and producing the #1 defense in the Big Sky Conference. All of those things are quite "visible", aren't they? Also, "most people" would say Bubba has showed improvement under Bubba's presence; he proved he can coach defense, considering he took many of the same players Mussman had in 2013 and turned them into the #1 BSC defense in 2014, and he proved he can recruit, by bringing in many players in the short-term (FBS transfers and true freshmen) who played right away and played admirably.

Lastly, we are talking about IMPROVEMENT here. No one is saying UND should have been a ranked team last year or is going to be a National Champion this season; however, the point being made by the rational people on this site (you're still trying to join that group, as far as I'm concerned) is that UND is improving. Bubba will continue to improve UND football given his assistants' ability to coach and the recruiting classes he has put together thus far.

With that, I'll apologize to everyone else on this site for even arguing with you, and here's my logic:

You guys were much improved over the previous season. Which I found amazing considering how they were beat down from the previous staff. I think you are going to be much better than some think. IMO.

• Upvote 2

You know, given this rant, you might think that I had actually said that UND wasn't improving, or that they wouldn't be better next year.  The problem is that I never said that. I did say that UND has a long way to go, that they hadn't proven anything yet, and that most people would agree with me.

I don't see how you can say that that's not reasonable. In fact, in light of an up-and-down 5-7 2014 season, it seems far more reasonable that your assertion that Bubba is a top-notch coach, and that UND will have a winning season next year. Those things may be true, but there just isn't enough evidence that they are true...yet.

You seem to have that comment on speed dial. You need to worry more about getting better than NDSU falling. Thats what winners do. I am sure Bubba is trying to instill that in your team after what they have been through with the previous staff.

And you people don't believe it, then cry when reality hits you in the butt (see Rocky Hagar) in the mid 90's.