SiouxSports.com Forum

Siouxman

Absolutely horrendous news about Lisa Marvin and the extent of her injuries.  We are praying for her and her family for a full and complete recovery.  It sounds like they will need all of the support they can get.

On the flip side, I hope the two individuals involved with their vehicles in this incident receive the appropriate punishment and learn their actions can have horrible consequences.  This is nothing but brash stupidity that will likely impact Lisa for the rest of her life.

Lisa - We are hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-hockey-player-marvin-really-lucky-be-alive-after-getting-hit-car

• Upvote 1

Like I said elsewhere:

Lisa, get well. Life first, hockey next. 

and

I didn't realize how catastrophic the injuries were. She's lucky she's alive.

This has to be tearing Izzy up. (Yo Izzy, I'm thinkin' about you man.) 

Now, ... < turning slowly toward the two 18 year old idiots cited > ... you two schmucks should be tested to see if you can be the bone donor she may need. I hear it's a really painful process and I can't think of anyone better suited for it. 

Absolutely horrendous news about Lisa Marvin and the extent of her injuries.  We are praying for her and her family for a full and complete recovery.  It sounds like they will need all of the support they can get.

On the flip side, I hope the two individuals involved with their vehicles in this incident receive the appropriate punishment and learn their actions can have horrible consequences.  This is nothing but brash stupidity that will likely impact Lisa for the rest of her life.

Lisa - We are hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-hockey-player-marvin-really-lucky-be-alive-after-getting-hit-car

Amen.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The driver was found guilty yesterday. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/local-sports/3692756-teen-guilty-crash-injured-und-hockey-player-lisa-marvin

Aggravated reckless driving is a Class A misdemeanor in North Dakota, punishable by up to a year's imprisonment and/or a $3,000 fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is great and I am very happy she is making a steady recovery. Does this mean she plans to play for UND still in the future? I didn't quite get the feeling that she was actually planning a return to the team.

• 6 months later...