SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 11-10-14

Matt

No kidding. Winning 52 of the last 55 games, 5 straight against FBS teams, 3 straight FCS titles.....then you lose 1 game and drop to #4 in the polls!! Sorry Bison fans if we and every other FCS college football fan don't show you any sympathy!!

It's part of what fuels the machine. Outrageous standards.

Marshall wasn't #3 last week and moved up just 2 spots. Big difference. If NDSU was #3 and CC was #1 and lost you would be outraged if they stayed #1. You guys cry over everything.

The difference is Marshall would never be #3 in the FBS polls. Those voting would never be that dumb to think they were the third best team in the FBS, just because they are undefeated.

Coastal will end up with a top 4 seed based on final rankings. It is a joke and better more deserving teams will get screwed.

The difference is Marshall would never be #3 in the FBS polls. Those voting would never be that dumb to think they were the third best team in the FBS, just because they are undefeated.

Coastal will end up with a top 4 seed based on final rankings. It is a joke and better more deserving teams will get screwed.

Myrtle Beach would be a sweet place to go to school. Out if state tuition is high though.

I'm sure this opinion of Coastal Carolina in 2014 has nothing to do with the playoff smackdown that NDSU put on them last season, right? That "joke" of a team somehow managed to beat #4 Montana in Missoula the week before. Maybe...just maybe...that's a decent team?

They are quite mad in Fargo that they dropped 3 spots to #4. I think if they had lost by 3 or 7 points they would have only dropped 1 or 2 spots. But when you lose by 20, you can expect to drop at least 3 spots in the poll. Bison fans probably don't think they should of dropped at all.

I agree. You get beat by 20 you arent going to drop just one spot. The only time I think we shouldnt have dropped is if we played a very good team and it was  very close at the end.

Are you worried NDSU won't be in the top 4? Maybe you need to worry about MSU and YSU and let the playoffs seed themselves. UNI proved you guys are beatable.

Are you worried NDSU won't be in the top 4? Maybe you need to worry about MSU and YSU and let the playoffs seed themselves. UNI proved you guys are beatable.

Weve been beatable for the previous 33 games as well.  Just nobody did it. So what was the purpose of that statement????????

I advocate that Coastal should be ranked higher than NDSU right now. For very different reasons than you however.

I see it as CC won and NDSU lost so they should change places. UNH is just kinda caught in the middle. I think NDSU will win out and get seeded anyways. Bison fans shouldn't worry about a road playoff game anyways, anyone, anywhere right?

I see it as CC won and NDSU lost so they should change places. UNH is just kinda caught in the middle. I think NDSU will win out and get seeded anyways. Bison fans shouldn't worry about a road playoff game anyways, anyone, anywhere right?

No reason to worry I don't think. They'll be a top 2 seed barring another loss.... In which case they would have no reason to complain about going on the road.

Agreed. However, it sure is nice to not have to drive/fly somewhere to watch said playoff game. Much easier on the work schedule and finances to drive a few blocks to the FargoDome.