SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

Miami still puts Tomahawks on the wall in the football locker room after big wins. Too bad this is hockey or Miami would have two more Tomahawks going up on Monday.

pic-2.jpg

No offense directed at you, but I wonder why UND never partook in goofy rituals like stickers on helmets, decals in locker rooms after victories. I'm guessing it's because winning itself is the most important kind of ritual..

No offense directed at you, but I wonder why UND never partook in goofy rituals like stickers on helmets, decals in locker rooms after victories. I'm guessing it's because winning itself is the most important kind of ritual..

They partake in the traditional banner raising ritual after the season is over.
  • Upvote 1

They partake in the traditional banner raising ritual after the season is over.

That would be an unequivocal truism of the highest order. 

Maybe someone who's wasted his money in numerology training can tell us if 8 & 15 are winning combinations (8th championship in the year 2015).

For those who were asking about FCS; UND's website posted about a half hour ago that the Saturday game will be on FCS. Here what the website says:

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – The National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) announced today that 11 NCHC games have been added to the league’s national television schedule on FOX College Sports (FCS) in 2014-15, including seven involving the University of North Dakota.

The five home games, produced in high-definition by Midco Sports Network (MidcoSN), include games against Miami (Nov. 15), Omaha (Nov. 29), Colorado College (Jan. 24), Denver (Feb. 14) and St. Cloud State (Feb. 28).

Dan Hammer is his third season as the play-by-play voice for UND Athletics while former UND forward Scott Koberinski returns as color analyst. Veteran broadcaster Katie Hale also returns as the ice-level intermission reporter.

UND will also have two road games air nationally on FCS: the Jan. 31 game at Omaha, produced by PBS affiliate Nebraska Educational Telecommunications (NET1), and the March 7 game at Miami, produced by Time Warner Cable Sports Channel in Ohio.

Today’s announcement  increased the number of regular-season UND men’s hockey national broadcasts in 2014-15 to 13, up from seven in 2013-14. This year’s national broadcast schedule also includes six previously-announced games on CBS Sports Network (CBSSN): vs. Minnesota Duluth (Jan. 10), vs. Colorado College (Jan. 23), at Omaha (Jan. 30), at Western Michigan (Feb. 20), vs. St. Cloud State (Feb. 27) and at Miami (March 6).

UND Men’s Hockey National TV Schedule   Date Opponent Network   Nov. 15 Miami FOX College Sports Nov. 29 Omaha FOX College Sports Jan. 10 at Minnesota Duluth CBS Sports Network Jan. 23 Colorado College CBS Sports Network Jan. 24 Colorado College FOX College Sports Jan. 30 at Omaha CBS Sports Network Jan. 31 at Omaha FOX College Sports Feb. 14 Denver FOX College Sports Feb. 20 at Western Michigan CBS Sports Network Feb. 27 St. Cloud State CBS Sports Network Feb. 28 St. Cloud State FOX College Sports March 6 at Miami CBS Sports Network March 7 at Miami FOX College Sports

To this point, UND has played a lot of weaker teams (bottom half of the 59 in D-1).    And except for 1 night against Bemidji, its been a series of solid performances, including a road sweep at Madison.   

This weekend, we get a top tier opponent for the first time.   

Its a good time to see just how good UND is.   

One trait or knack I've noticed with this team is their ability to ramp it up in the 3rd period, to take their game to a higher level. I think this has to do with the quality of their physical training, their mental toughness & the leaders on this team. The coaches can preach this until they're blue in the face, but it's up to the players to adopt it as part of their identity: a team that can finish.

All champions finish games strong, whether it's in the regular season or the national tournament. Let's see if the guys are still playing this way in April.

That would be an unequivocal truism of the highest order.

Maybe someone who's wasted his money in numerology training can tell us if 8 & 15 are winning combinations (8th championship in the year 2015).

We just need to win a damn title. Been waiting too long with too many missed opportunities. We've had the undoubted best team in the nation 3 times since our last title.
  • Upvote 1

We do.   We add banners to the rafters

Ooops, little late on that one

• Upvote 1

We just need to win a damn title. Been waiting too long with too many missed opportunities. We've had the undoubted best team in the nation 3 times since our last title.

So losing & suffering are good for spiritual growth, just not hockey. Gotcha..

What about a spiritual hockey player? :hypocrite: 

Living in the past makes us depressed & worrying about the future makes us anxious. Both make us gray, unhappy & think bad things.  :) 

Ha true, but that was such a fun season, what a great and deep team. Still I think we can do some serious damage this year. Hopefully Mac will be able to bounce back from his wrist injury by January.

Why does everybody keep saying Miami has good forwards but no goalie?

Miami's Jay Williams just got NCHC Goalie of the week.

Leads the NCHC in wins (7-1)

Is second in the NCHC in GAA (1.64)

and has a save % of .921

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/1219043-nchc?subseason=161626

Those stats looks good too me.  I hope UND is overlooking our defense because of the injuries Miami had last year.  We also have some D transfers.

Why does everybody keep saying Miami has good forwards but no goalie?

Miami's Jay Williams just got NCHC Goalie of the week.

Leads the NCHC in wins (7-1)

Is second in the NCHC in GAA (1.64)

and has a save % of .921

http://www.nchchockey.com/page/show/1219043-nchc?subseason=161626

Those stats looks good too me.  I hope UND is overlooking our defense because of the injuries Miami had last year.  We also have some D transfers.

Haha, I was actually going to note that earlier but didn't want to burst anyone's bubble.  Their schedule hasn't been that tough though.