SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Tuesday 9/9

SiouxVolley

Why?

Do you think NDSU wants to go to GF every year?  To me I think it would be great to have all 3 Dakota teams do a h/h with UND, but I am sure the excuses would fly about wanting to play new teams, and losing a home game, etc. I think it would be great to have more DI teams and less of the Valley City St type teams.

Honestly, I am surprised Faison doesn't agree to have all future matches in Fargo.  You cave in once, it's hard to stop. :silly:

NDSU got slaughtered by UND last year, this year we play them at Scheel's Arena, and if you get the same result, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to go to Grand Forks. (in basketball that is)

Do you think NDSU wants to go to GF every year? To me I think it would be great to have all 3 Dakota teams do a h/h with UND, but I am sure the excuses would fly about wanting to play new teams, and losing a home game, etc. I think it would be great to have more DI teams and less of the Valley City St type teams.

It would only be adding a trip to Grand Forks every other year. It also gets them an extra home game against a D-1 school who happens to fill their gym when they play every year instead of every other year. Seems to make sense to me.

It would only be adding a trip to Grand Forks every other year. It also gets them an extra home game against a D-1 school who happens to fill their gym when they play every year instead of every other year. Seems to make sense to me.

It does to me too, I am just trying to think on their side...gives me a headache.

Makes sense to play every year for a non revenue sport. It's not like we would lose out on some epic non conference game. It's volleyball. Both teams hate losing so getting a 2nd chance is a big deal for the teams

Makes sense to play every year for a non revenue sport. It's not like we would lose out on some epic non conference game. It's volleyball. Both teams hate losing so getting a 2nd chance is a big deal for the teams

You just defined why it can't happen: it "makes sense". 

There's an awful lot of 'illogical' in college sports these days. 

Not sure why they don't do a home/home for every sport outside of football.  Both basketball teams have hard time getting quality home games.  Would be better than the D-II/D-III/NAIA home games that litter both schedules.