SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 Recruiting

Hambone

I have seen him play, I know how the AAU system works. If you want to believe that Martin bros the 4th rated AAU team in Iowa(Having lost to 2 of 3 teams rated above them and beat none of the 3 team rated higher} this year is a national powerhouse higher rated than all 40 Nike EYBL  teams then  be my guest.. UND has made their fare share of recruiting mistakes ,player development  not the problem ..With only 2 open offers and lots of time left the team should aim higher... If Collins and Avants do not out play their offer lists/ratings then UND could be in a bind down the road unless there is some positive attrition.

Edited by hoops44

kienan walter 6'8" from Kings Way Christian  verbals to UND....closes out the class of 2016 for now Averaged about 9ppg and 4 rebounds for northwest express in the EYBL...ESPN 2 star/sleeper.  In EYBL about 60% of his shot attempts were 3s.

Edited by hoops44

I have heard that we are talking to Cole Dahl (6'7 F) out of Newfolden, MN. According to Northstar Hoops he's recieved offers from most NSIC's and is receiving interest from multiple D1's. Could be an interesting prospect as the season goes along.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard that we are talking to Cole Dahl (6'7 F) out of Newfolden, MN. According to Northstar Hoops he's recieved offers from most NSIC's and is receiving interest from multiple D1's. Could be an interesting prospect as the season goes along.

Dahl made an unofficial visit to the UND campus last weekend.

• 1 month later...

kienan walter 6'8" from Kings Way Christian  verbals to UND....closes out the class of 2016 for now Averaged about 9ppg and 4 rebounds for northwest express in the EYBL...ESPN 2 star/sleeper.  In EYBL about 60% of his shot attempts were 3s.

Billy Brown has signed his LOI.  No word on Walters yet.

I wish we were able to land Amar Miller in this class but with Billy Brown already signed I doubt we would sign another PG if we even have room. I really think Miller is going to be a stud. 

Surprised he doesn't have much for offers. Guessing his height is the issue?

I wish we were able to land Amar Miller in this class but with Billy Brown already signed I doubt we would sign another PG if we even have room. I really think Miller is going to be a stud. 

It is my understanding that the coaching staff told each of them that this first one to commit would get the only guard scholarship being offered this year.  Brown jumped at it, Miller did not! 

It is my understanding that the coaching staff told each of them that this first one to commit would get the only guard scholarship being offered this year.  Brown jumped at it, Miller did not! 

Interesting. I favor Miller between the two but there is not much tape on Brown. I am sure both will be fine players.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ESPN Analyst
Updated 12/09/2015

Strengths:
Walter is one of the better sleepers in the Pacific Northwest. He has an ideal frame with long arms and he is a deceptive athlete. The strengths of his game are his approach and ability to knock in shots. He has a smooth jump shot that extends out to 20-feet and his release is impeccable. In addition, he has shown signs of an evolving face-up game. He utilizes the up-fake and jab step to get defenders off balance and his initial burst is pretty solid.

Weaknesses:
Walter can finish at the rim off of the drive, but he lacks the necessary strength to convert plays through contact. He needs to continue to hone his stretch 4-skill set. By adding strength, developing a strong pull-up game, and develop a go-to move on the block his stock will elevate.

Bottom Line:
Walter is a high IQ player who makes good decisions with the ball in his hands and he's an underrated passer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Somewhat surprisingly, we have offered another PG for next season.  Kinsey spent has first year at Robert Morris before transferring to Des Moines Area CC.  He averaged 17/game this last season.

PG Jafar Kinsey, 6'3", 190, Syracuse (Des Moines Area CC), NY  Has offers from NC Central, UNC & New Orleans

56 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Somewhat surprisingly, we have offered another PG for next season.  Kinsey spent has first year at Robert Morris before transferring to Des Moines Area CC.  He averaged 17/game this last season.

PG Jafar Kinsey, 6'3", 190, Syracuse (Des Moines Area CC), NY  Has offers from NC Central, UNC & New Orleans

somebody must be leaving to open up a scholarship for another player....

34 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

That was my assumption - or else someone isn't coming in (Brown).  I have no inside knowledge, just a possibility!

Looking at twitters...Brown is coming...Baldwin looks UND strong.   Avants twitter is shut down...Cashman is a possible attrition . Hopefully not Baker leaving because they brought in Stewart.