SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

SWSiouxMN

Pretty sure we back-pedalled our way into the BST today thanks to what happened in other games.  Even so, it's hard to muster any optimism for the postseason given our complete lack of intensity right now.  It's ideal to peak this time of the year, and we are doing the opposite.  You have to go back 2 years since this team has been this flat.  All these turnovers are taking me back....

Is Strand injured? Haven't seen her this week.

She must be. I also don't know what's going on with Lauck, as she only played three minutes last night. About the only good news that came out of this weekend is that Sawatzke seems to be stepping up, as she had 10 points in 22 minutes last night.

Where's Darrell when you need him? Joking as I don't think Brew should be fired, but I do feel this team has really dropped the ball in conference play. I thought the ladies looked like they didn't miss a beat from last year in the non conference this year but for whatever reason they have struggled  in conference.

Specifically their downfall has been their Big Sky play on the road. That's been their issue this year. They seem to start slow most games then have to dig out of a hole, have too many turnovers, inconsistent scoring from the starters, etc.

She must be. I also don't know what's going on with Lauck, as she only played three minutes last night. About the only good news that came out of this weekend is that Sawatzke seems to be stepping up, as she had 10 points in 22 minutes last night.

I hope Sawatzke can develop her jumpshot, because with quickness like that she should find herself open a lot.  Defenders will struggle to keep up, especially in a man to man defense. Right now she looks like the freshest set of legs on the team.

I'm not sure what Brew is doing with the starting lineups lately. At NAU, Roscoe started instead of Evers. Tonight, Szabla isn't starting.

Are you serious? That doesn't happen at home. Disciplinary? Why would Roscoe start over Evers, makes no sense if she was healthy?

To me that doesn't make sense as punishment.  Loyd still played 41 minutes.  It's punishment on the surface only.

Good point obborg. Just guessing that will not work too well as a deterrent to make someone stop and think next time they might commit some infraction.

UND falls to UNC on senior day, 67-56. No sugarcoating it--this season has been a big disappointment. Brew had better hope the incoming freshmen are ready to play, or next season might be worse.

There is one way to turn it around

win 3 straight next week

And I know they're technically "neutral" site games at BSC tourney but women have really struggled on the road all season so not optimistic about their chances. It seems like we've regressed the second half of the season, unlike some of the other teams who seemed to progress. Hopefully can turn it around but it won't be easy.

UND will play UNC again in the first round.

Tough match-up, they're on a roll. We really do miss Madi (sp?) Buck from last year's team. She was the nice kind of player with a bit of height (near 6 ft or so ) who could play both inside and outside. We din't really have that kind of player this year, at least not near her consistency and ability in both facets of the game.

We do seem like a pathetic road team right now, but there was a time this season when we were a great one.  We still have the same team, we can still win anywhere.

There seems to be no leadership on this team, big change from last year. Then again, easier to lead a team when winning. 

Good call.  I agree leadership is key for us.

I think we can safely count on Loyd, Dyer and Szabla to all be consistent double-figures scorers next season. But as for the rest of the returnees, I think only Strand and maybe Sawatzke are capable of scoring more than about 4 per game. That's a problem. We will need Klabo, Freije, Hass and at least one of the incoming guards to be part of the regular rotation, and provide some offense.

• Upvote 1