SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Another great example of why I'm a big fan of the mandatory cage or full shield in the college game.

Watching the Bruins and Paint Drying and Miller told the NBCSN hosts he's not in favor of wearing a full face shield. 

Watching the Bruins and Paint Drying and Miller told the NBCSN hosts he's not in favor of wearing a full face shield. 

I think half shields should be mandatory in the NHL. I do think someday a full cage/shield will be mandatory, sometimes you have to protect the players from themselves.

• Upvote 1

I think half shields should be mandatory in the NHL. I do think someday a full cage/shield will be mandatory, sometimes you have to protect the players from themselves.

The NHLPA will not approve it. 

They are mandatory. The only players who don't have to wear them are those that were grandfathered in before the rule change.

So you're completely and entirely dismissing the possibility that Ottawa could still pass them and your precious thugs from Boston could end up on the outside looking in? :silly:

I have never seen such a mediocre team have a fanbase that is so far over the top with unjustified arrogance. Un-f'n-believable!!!

PS - For a fan of the dirtiest team in the league to refer to any other team as dirty is the ultimate in irony, but that is a different topic for a different thread.

Dude, did you forget to take your medication today? The Bruins will "probably" make the Playoffs. It's almost a lock. And, by the way, the Penguins are dropping fast. They're only two points ahead of the Bruins. 

The Pens have four games left and are part of a three team logjam for the 2nd/3rd/4th place in their division. The Bruins have only three games left and are hanging on for dear life to the 8th and final playoff spot. A smart Bruins fan would be much more concerned with Ottawa and not even thinking about Pittsburgh.

Sounds like you're panicking a bit Dave...Pens have only won 3 of their last 11 according to NHL Tonight; not exactly lighting it up heading into the playoffs.

Not being cocky DaveK, just pointing out the fact that your team is slumping and that they better pick up the pace or they could be in trouble.  You can read into that any way you want...and I'm sure you will.

Laughing at a Penguins fan whose team is pissing down it's leg at the end of the season.  If Boston and Ottawa keep winning maybe the Pens will be sitting home...ruh-roh!

Dave can chew on this for a minute, the Pens are 3-7-1 in their last 11 games. 

Laughing at a Penguins fan whose team is pissing down it's leg at the end of the season.  If Boston and Ottawa keep winning maybe the Pens will be sitting home...ruh-roh!

Pens should be alright now that they don't have to get worked by Philly anymore(0-8)

If any team is currently in greater danger than the Pens are of missing the playoffs, it is Boston. You of all people are in no position to throw stones from your glass house.

Dave...Boston certainly is not a lock and needs to finish well to make the playoffs, but you really do need to get off the "Boston is in greater danger blah blah blah".  Wake up and get a clue.  Have you looked at the standings after yesterday?  There are 3 teams that have 95 points (Boston, Pitt and Detroit) and the Senators have 93 points, all with 3 games left to play.  None of these teams are safe yet, and Pitt plays Ottawa tomorrow in probably the biggest game that any of these teams has remaining.  Here are their remaining schedules:

Boston - @Wash, @Florida, @TB

Detroit - Carolina, @Montreal, @Carolina

Pittsburgh - @Ottawa, NYI, @Buffalo

Ottawa - Pitt, @NYR, @Philly