SiouxSports.com Forum

Probable Two Deep Roster

geaux_sioux

Was told that he was the leader for starting coming out of spring ball and headed into the fall camp but he had his mind set on playing FBS already.

so you are saying that he won the starting spot coming out of spring practice, then decides 1AA isn't good enough for him, all from the mouth of another juvenile on the team, and you believed enough to post it on this board?

so you are saying that he won the starting spot coming out of spring practice, then decides 1AA isn't good enough for him, all from the mouth of another juvenile on the team, and you believed enough to post it on this board?

Not at all and it wasn't from a current or former player. And I didn't say that he won the starting spot, but based on performance in spring ball, he had a good shot at being the #1 going into fall camp. The QB position was and still is far from settled. He had already decided he was transferring to a JuCo to try to play FBS though (Sioux Football Insiders have reported this part as well). I felt comfortable enough with where I got the information to post it, mainly with the point that his leaving was a bigger loss than most people (myself included) would originally think.

Not at all and it wasn't from a current or former player. And I didn't say that he won the starting spot, but based on performance in spring ball, he had a good shot at being the #1 going into fall camp. The QB position was and still is far from settled. He had already decided he was transferring to a JuCo to try to play FBS though (Sioux Football Insiders have reported this part as well). I felt comfortable enough with where I got the information to post it, mainly with the point that his leaving was a bigger loss than most people (myself included) would originally think.

I do agree that he had potential, and was a loss to the team. I wish him well if truly believes her is a FBS talent, tho I doubt he proved it in the short time he spent at UND. jmho

That's two potentially decent quarterbacks (Riddle and Palandech) that we've lost from the 2013 class, so I'd imagine Bubba will attempt to bring in two QB's in the next recruiting class to give us some depth the following season. Not thinking a dropdown unless neither Bartles nor Mollberg prove themselves this season.

I heard Cheatom was no longer on the roster. There was an incident just before spring ball and he was kicked off the team. I agree that Bell is a OG. Also there were a couple other players who moved positions after spring ball so there are some #2 spots still not set.

I heard Cheatom was no longer on the roster. There was an incident just before spring ball and he was kicked off the team. I agree that Bell is a OG. Also there were a couple other players who moved positions after spring ball so there are some #2 spots still not set.

The amount of roster change from 2013 to 2014 will be incredibly large. My only question regarding this is why was Cheatom participating in spring ball if this occurred before spring practices? Nevertheless, I believe the amount of roster turnover that has happened is actually somewhat encouraging, because Bubba and his staff are recognizing and dismissing the weak links on the roster. Such antics and inferior talent likely contributed to the poor play of Mussman's teams. Of course, improved coaching and leadership from the top will go a long way as well.

The amount of roster change from 2013 to 2014 will be incredibly large. My only question regarding this is why was Cheatom participating in spring ball if this occurred before spring practices? Nevertheless, I believe the amount of roster turnover that has happened is actually somewhat encouraging, because Bubba and his staff are recognizing and dismissing the weak links on the roster. Such antics and inferior talent likely contributed to the poor play of Mussman's teams. Of course, improved coaching and leadership from the top will go a long way as well.

I agree with all your comments above and look forward to what is to come. I should have said the incident was just before the spring game. Happened the night prior. Cheatom did not play in the spring game. I was surprised that no one on this blog noticed that.

I agree with all your comments above and look forward to what is to come. I should have said the incident was just before the spring game. Happened the night prior. Cheatom did not play in the spring game. I was surprised that no one on this blog noticed that.

Looks like he got a couple misdemeanors, involving weed and booze. I think everyone would agree, especially Bison fans, that he should stay on the team and not miss a game because it was only a misdemeanor. Maybe some extra "punishment" during the summer.

Looks like he got a couple misdemeanors, involving weed and booze. I think everyone would agree, especially Bison fans, that he should stay on the team and not miss a game because it was only a misdemeanor. Maybe some extra "punishment" during the summer.

Alcohol related sure. Weed.... Throw the book at him. Regardless of personal opinions on weed... Very dumb for a college athlete on a scholarship to be taking part in such activities.

Alcohol related sure. Weed.... Throw the book at him. Regardless of personal opinions on weed... Very dumb for a college athlete on a scholarship to be taking part in such activities.

While I agree with you for the most part, the FU athletic department doesn't necessarily agree with that line of thinking.

Alcohol has destroyed more lives than weed by orders of magnitude, but that's a debate for another day.

• Upvote 1

Alcohol has destroyed more lives than weed by orders of magnitude, but that's a debate for another day.

One is legal to consume the other is not. Not claiming one is better or worse. One is way more likely to get you removed from a team and resulting in a loss of scholarship as well.

I keep hearing great things about Bubba. Everyone is 100% bought in. The players believe in him and respect him. The tide has shifted.

I wasn't very impressed by the hire to began with, just based on the info I got about him from a guy who played when he coached back in the day. The more I hear about him the more excited I get for the future of UND football.

I wasn't very impressed by the hire to began with, just based on the info I got about him from a guy who played when he coached back in the day. The more I hear about him the more excited I get for the future of UND football.

Interesting. Nearly all the former players I spoke to from the early 2000s were very happy about the hire. They believed Bubba would bring back passion and a positive defensive mentality to UND football.

Interesting. Nearly all the former players I spoke to from the early 2000s were very happy about the hire. They believed Bubba would bring back passion and a positive defensive mentality to UND football.

I believe he had a biased opinion, I don't think he liked him personally, he was a RB. He just seemed very disappointed about the hire. But like I said I'm excited about Bubba, I just hopes the hype turns results in the future.

One is legal to consume the other is not. Not claiming one is better or worse. One is way more likely to get you removed from a team and resulting in a loss of scholarship as well.

Here's my opinion....these boys have committed to play football for UND for four to fives years. Until they are 21, booze is not legal to consume. Smoking pot should cost you your scholarship. You have your entire life to get drunk, get high, or get drunk and high. I understand the boys aren't saints and they are going to drink.....its part of being in college. There should be a price to pay if you assume that drinking to the point of stupidity is okay. I respect Bubba for trying to create a team that actually faces consequences for making the football team and the university look bad. Isn't it called accountability?

Anyone have an updated list on what positions UND is short on going into this fall? With all the transfers coming in and players leaving after the coaching change its hard to keep track.

This is just an educated guess, but we are still short at: OL, DL, LB, and WR. I believe we still have to available spots but haven't heard any recent news.