SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Jersey Fouls (or any other jersey, for that matter)

MafiaMan

Based on that logic, authentic jerseys shouldn't be available to the general public at all because we haven't earned it. And that goes double for game worn jerseys. What say you?

That's stretching my point to the extreme. I don't see an issue with jerseys or game worn jerseys, especially since the selling of the latter is generally used as a fundraiser. It's just the name on the jersey that bugs me.

If you are over 18 you should never wear another man's name on your jersey.

I completely agree. If you are older than the player it seems creepy to me to have their name on your back.

If there is anything on the back of your jersey you better be a kid.

I completely agree. If you are older than the player it seems creepy to me to have their name on your back.

If there is anything on the back of your jersey you better be a kid.

i have a lot of jerseys with different players names on the back of them and i see no problem with that. you can't support your favorite player unless you are a kid?

If you are over 18 you should never wear another man's name on your jersey. Leave it blank or put your own name on it.

That's kind of my line of thinking. Wearing a #99 Gretzky jersey was awesome...when I was about 16. Now that I'm 44, I want to make sure no one thinks I'm THIS guy...

For that reason, I do have several jerseys with my own name on the back. It's one think if I have a Johnson or a Hrkac jersey (guys from my era), but truly another for me to be sporting a Grimaldi jersey. Just my opinion though...I know some of my friends mock me for having my own name and number. Of course, they're the same guys who have a Wild "Gaborik" or "Boogaard" jersey in their closet that they paid $300 for and haven't worn in 5 years...

That's stretching my point to the extreme. I don't see an issue with jerseys or game worn jerseys, especially since the selling of the latter is generally used as a fundraiser. It's just the name on the jersey that bugs me.

I just don't think it's a big deal how people personalize their jerseys. As long as they aren't using profane or inappropriate language, they should be able to put whatever they want on them. We pay a nice chunk of cash for these things (especially the authentics).

That's kind of my line of thinking. Wearing a #99 Gretzky jersey was awesome...when I was about 16. Now that I'm 44, I want to make sure no one thinks I'm THIS guy...

For that reason, I do have several jerseys with my own name on the back. It's one think if I have a Johnson or a Hrkac jersey (guys from my era), but truly another for me to be sporting a Grimaldi jersey. Just my opinion though...I know some of my friends mock me for having my own name and number. Of course, they're the same guys who have a Wild "Gaborik" or "Boogaard" jersey in their closet that they paid $300 for and haven't worn in 5 years...

is this boogaard jersey a gamer or authentic?

I can see the point of it coming off as creepy. This didn't cross my mind because 1) I'm not old, and 2) I think it's less creepy for females. That being said, I'd still just have a number than have a number and my own name. But to each their own.

Wearing a jersey of a team who's not playing is kind of silly to me. Only exception, to me, is wearing a Sioux jersey (or any college/junior team, for that matter) of a player that is playing on the team of the NHL game you are watching (Ie: Toews, Osh, Green, etc.). This can be applied to other sports, IMO.

I feel like it's begging for attention/conflict when you wear a Red Sox jersey to a Yankee game when the Yankees are playing the Orioles. Just my opinion.

Wearing a jersey of a team who's not playing is kind of silly to me. Only exception, to me, is wearing a Sioux jersey (or any college/junior team, for that matter) of a player that is playing on the team of the NHL game you are watching (Ie: Toews, Osh, Green, etc.). This can be applied to other sports, IMO.

I feel like it's begging for attention/conflict when you wear a Red Sox jersey to a Yankee game when the Yankees are playing the Orioles. Just my opinion.

I agree...and have worn a blue Sweden jersey with #5 and LIDSTROM on the back along with a Red Wings hat to a Wild/Detroit game before...no need for a whistle on that one.

Now, wearing a Red Sox jersey to a Tigers/Twins game? Personal foul indeed! Even worse if you're wearing the Red Sox jersey to a Sioux/Bulldog hockey game.

I agree...and have worn a blue Sweden jersey with #5 and LIDSTROM on the back along with a Red Wings hat to a Wild/Detroit game before...no need for a whistle on that one.

Now, wearing a Red Sox jersey to a Tigers/Twins game? Personal foul indeed! Even worse if you're wearing the Red Sox jersey to a Sioux/Bulldog hockey game.

Lidstrom jersey is just fine.

Agreed. I think it's absolutely stupid when people do that (in bold). Makes ZERO sense. You are trying to start crap and that's it.

Lidstrom jersey is just fine.

Agreed. I think it's absolutely stupid when people do that (in bold). Makes ZERO sense. You are trying to start crap and that's it.

Ok, hockey related...A friend of mine, I'll call him "LaCosaNostraMan," shows up to a Sioux game wearing a 1980 Tretiak Soviet jersey or a 1990 Central Red Army Fedorov jersey. Foul? Could be. But I'm he is also wearing a Sioux hat. Does that pass the test? Is showing off the jersey collection acceptable? Or only if he is actually watching Russia/USA at the Olympics?

• Upvote 1

Ok, hockey related...A friend of mine, I'll call him "LaCosaNostraMan," shows up to a Sioux game wearing a 1980 Tretiak Soviet jersey or a 1990 Central Red Army Fedorov jersey. Foul? Could be. But I'm he is also wearing a Sioux hat. Does that pass the test? Is showing off the jersey collection acceptable? Or only if he is actually watching Russia/USA at the Olympics?

Well played! :)

Haha... well... under my previously stated fair or foul... the hat is clearly fine, while the jersey is not. You He must really enjoy your jersey collection enough to wear that in public. :)

I've worn a sioux jersey to every Avs game I've ever been to. Of course, they've always been playing against a team with a former Sioux player and we hang out next to the opponent's zone for warmups. We've get dozens of "Go Siouxs" and have had some great conversations with people at the games about college hockey in general. That green stands out so nice unless they're playing the Wild.

I've worn a sioux jersey to every Avs game I've ever been to. Of course, they've always been playing against a team with a former Sioux player and we hang out next to the opponent's zone for warmups. We've get dozens of "Go Siouxs" and have had some great conversations with people at the games about college hockey in general. That green stands out so nice unless they're playing the Wild.

I guess a Sioux jersey doesn't bother me in that sense. It's more so if a person is wearing a jersey of another team in the same league (Ie: A SAWWWWX jersey to a Yankee/Os game).

Haha... well... under my previously stated fair or foul... the hat is clearly fine, while the jersey is not. You He must really enjoy your jersey collection enough to wear that in public. :)

Well, I, er, my friend doesn't wear it out to the mall or while mowing his lawn...it's strictly hockey-game only.

Here's another twist, stoneySIOUX...I have another friend, let's call him Oxbow7 so I don't reveal his true identity, shows up at a Sioux hockey game wearing a SiouxSports.com hat and a 1 Direction concert t-shirt...foul?

Here's another twist, stoneySIOUX...I have another friend, let's call him Oxbow7 so I don't reveal his true identity, shows up at a Sioux hockey game wearing a SiouxSports.com hat and a 1 Direction concert t-shirt...foul?

A 1D t-shirt on anyone other than a 13 year old girl is a foul, whether at a Sioux game or not. I would kindly recommend staging an intervention should your completely anonymous friend choose to do so again.

• Upvote 1

A 1D t-shirt on anyone other than a 13 year old girl is a foul, whether at a Sioux game or not. I would kindly recommend staging an intervention should your completely anonymous friend choose to do so again.

Intervention must be made.