SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 UND Hockey Schedule

Dave Berger

Didn't see this topic anywhere else on the forums, and I thought it could use its own thread.

The composite NCHC schedule for 2014-15 is supposed to come out this week.

Per the Duluth News Tribune, UND won't travel to face the Bulldogs this upcoming season but will host Minnesota-Duluth on January 9-10, 2015.

Please share any information about non-conference opponents or schedule leaks here.

Thanks!

Dave

Didn't see this topic anywhere else on the forums, and I thought it could use its own thread.

The composite NCHC schedule for 2014-15 is supposed to come out this week.

Per the Duluth News Tribune, UND won't travel to face the Bulldogs this upcoming season but will host Minnesota-Duluth on January 9-10, 2015.

Please share any information about non-conference opponents or schedule leaks here.

Thanks!

Dave

I hate that we don't play in Duluth next year. It's one of my favorite trips/arenas/cities to visit for hockey.

And it's only a 2 hour drive from Minneapolis!

It'll be interesting to keep tabs on the rotating schedule. This past season (2013-14), we played everyone at home except Denver and everyone on the road except Colorado College.

This upcoming season (2014-15), we already know that we're not playing in Duluth. I wonder which NCHC team isn't coming to the Ralph.

Dave

It'll be interesting to keep tabs on the rotating schedule. This past season (2013-14), we played everyone at home except Denver and everyone on the road except Colorado College.

This upcoming season (2014-15), we already know that we're not playing in Duluth. I wonder which NCHC team isn't coming to the Ralph.

Dave

My guess would be no St.Cloud at the Ralph as I believe them and Duluth are paired together.

I understand why there were conference teams you didn't play home and away every year in a 12-team WCHA, but I think playing everyone home and away should be doable in an eight team conference.

IIRC, the coaches/teams wanted more freedom for out-of-conference games and holiday tournaments. Playing everyone in the NCHC four times meant only room for six non-league games; this way gives the programs ten.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but that's the way they went.

Dave

I understand why there were conference teams you didn't play home and away every year in a 12-team WCHA, but I think playing everyone home and away should be doable in an eight team conference.

IIRC, the coaches/teams wanted more freedom for out-of-conference games and holiday tournaments. Playing everyone in the NCHC four times meant only room for six non-league games; this way gives the programs ten.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but that's the way they went.

Dave

IIRC the NCAA limit is 34 regular season games. If a team plays in Alaska they are allowed an extra 2 games (one of the main draws for having an Alaska school in your conference or playing in their tournament). Dave is right, 4 games against 7 league opponents only leaves 6 non-conference games. Non-conference games are important in Pairwise, more games gives more margin for error. The NCHC coaches thought that it was more important to have the non-conference games than playing everyone 4 games each.

LSS should be fun. A fresh, unfamiliar opponent.

We have never played them have we? I don't remember ever having played them.

It's been more than 40 years....

December 14th and 15th, 1973. North Dakota sweeps by scores of 7-3 and 7-2. And considering we only won ten games that season (10-23-1), that's pretty impressive.

And those are the only two games between Lake Superior State and UND in the history of the programs.

Dave

It's been more than 40 years....

December 14th and 15th, 1973. North Dakota sweeps by scores of 7-3 and 7-2. And considering we only won ten games that season (10-23-1), that's pretty impressive.

And those are the only two games between Lake Superior State and UND in the history of the programs.

Dave

Thanks Dave.
  • Upvote 1

Is there a list of the potential sched some where?

Schloss had been asked about it in one of those Herald weekly chats and he said he would post it on his blog after the season so I'm sure someone will ask him to post it again and he will do so when they have the weekly chat on Wednesday.