SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-3) @ MSU (4-1)

SWSiouxMN

New day today. Hopefully this could be the start of the turnaround.

Optimism will NOT be tolerated here at SiouxSports.com.

Moderators, I call for a one-week ban for SWSiouxMN until that poster starts spewing negativity like everyone else around here.

wonder if anyone at rea/athletic dept could contact americaone about showing a soccer match instead of the bball game?

being 2014 you would think a simple webcast would be easy??? audio/video problems...i'm sure someone rea is working on this

I don't know if you're being facetious but REA and UND have no control over games that are on the road. Any issues were purely on MSU and Americaone.

I don't know if you're being facetious but REA and UND have no control over games that are on the road. Any issues were purely on MSU and Americaone.

i know they have no control over it but maybe someone in the athletic dept could try to contact americaone and let them know that an indoor soccer game is showing instead of the bball game? problem is that most of the athletic dept staffers are jock sniffing hockey groupies and could care less about any other sport on campus...if a webcast of a hockey game was showing a lpga golf tournament i'm sure hajdu would have been all over it getting it corrected.

he is solid...needs more minutes for sure

I agree on Stefen but who's minutes does he take. I don't know why we even play Salmonson or Calcaterra and I see Benton's minutes were down against Montana State. At his point I believe we are playing too many guys and this should be cut down to 8 and maybe 9 max. This was a very good win for this club and came at a perfect time when they needed it the most. Obviously this team likes to play at Montana State with back to back wins there in the Big Sky era. Big Sky so far this year is crazy with who is beating who and it looks like no game is a sure thing no matter who you are playing or where. Going to be an interesting last 14 games.

This might not be a popular opinion around here but I believe Stefan is a better player than Schuler.

Disagree on this one. Schuler is proven so solid for 4 years and plays the way i wish others would play. If Schuler had not missed his games due to injuries he would have been another 1000 point scorer in this class. Schuler also plays 4 positions during his career so he is very versatile and does whatever is asked of him. Also, numbers don't prove Stefen is better at this point throughout their careers.

Disagree on this one. Schuler is proven so solid for 4 years and plays the way i wish others would play. If Schuler had not missed his games due to injuries he would have been another 1000 point scorer in this class. Schuler also plays 4 positions during his career so he is very versatile and does whatever is asked of him. Also, numbers don't prove Stefen is better at this point throughout their careers.

I agree with you on most of this. I don't want Stefan to have to take minutes away from Schuler but I think it should be just them two running the 2 spot. I love Schuler and what he has done here in his career like that big three against USD in the conference championship. I like the defensive game that Stefan brings more than Schulers but you are right Stefan doesn't have the numbers to back up that he is better than Schuler that's just how I feel. As long as Stefan continues to get solid minutes I will be happy.

AGREED

I'm confused by this. What are you looking at to form this opinion? Schuler never gets attention but always does what is asked and with limited touches every game he could have been the most unheralded 1000 point scorer in history. Also, his assist to turnover ratio is 2-1 for his career so he protects the ball very well and takes great shots. So far this year his shot is just off but I expect him to start shooting like he is capable. I personally like it when both Schuler and Stefen are in at the same time but there is nothing to show Stefen is better. Both guys need to play minutes and hopefully both will get out of their shooting funk. Stefen will be a huge part for UND next year and may be the 2nd or 3rd best scorer with this senior class gone.

I found it interesting that the announcers for MSU made comments about UND players not knowing what to do when MSU went to a zone defense in the 2nd half. The announcers said players were just standing around. They were surprised about all the high screens. Said that UND didn't seem prepared on how to attack a zone. There have been many comments on this board saying the same thing.