SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

who is the QB coach of one of the best QB in the country?

One hint...HIs dad worked at the park board in GF.

and BTW...am at playmakas. Bubs was here still some good ole boys left....bubba didn't have any comment on coordinatiors

but did let him know we want hoffner as oc Schmidt as dc and landry as qb coach.

are you kidding me?

jake landry?

I believe he is the QB coach at nationally ranked and Heisman finalist northern Illinois

I think he would jump at the chance to come back home.

GFhockey did you forget to sign in as your alter ego? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Which alias talked to Bubba?

http://www.niuhuskie...tt.html#coaches

Certainly isn't listed on the coaching staff

I geuss wayne nelson is giving everyone false information then. searched on twitter and umd coach said he was said to see landry leave to uni

Curt Wiese@CoachWiese

Good luck to Jake Landry. You have been a great coach, program guy and friend while at UMD. Northern Illinois is lucky to have you

I geuss wayne nelson is giving everyone false information then. searched on twitter and umd coach said he was said to see landry leave to uni

Curt Wiese@CoachWiese

Good luck to Jake Landry. You have been a great coach, program guy and friend while at UMD. Northern Illinois is lucky to have you

So is he a volunteer? Find it hard to believe a paid coach wouldn't be listed with the rest of the staff.

The interesting thing about Ted Schlafke's name being thrown about as OC is that despite his relative youth in regard to the position, the recruiting footprint he covers is favorable to UND. He was a fine QB at Minnesota-Duluth, is originally from Wisconsin, and has coached in Montana and Illinois. Additionally, he has very good upper Midwest connections in Nielson, DeBoer, etc.

As far as the DC, I'm assuming it's Schmidt all the way.

I really hope Freund stays as QB coach.

I don't know enough about Hoffner to know if he'd be a good OC. I know he got Mankato on the right track. I know he got railroaded at Mankato. I hope he can get back into the coaching profession. If it happens here in some capacity, I'm all for it.

Lots of people seem to be assuming Schmidt will come here as DC. Who's to say he won't become DC at SIU? Same position, same money, doesn't have to move.

No. He didn't get the job done here so why endorse him? If Bubba decides to go a different direction I'm perfectly fine with that.