SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU

bincitysioux

....and UND got trashed by NDSU last year but almost beat the Jackrabbits. Comparative scoring has very little place in basketball.

If we did comparative scoring we should beat the number 2/3 team in the country ( Ohio State) by 1. We beat NDSU by 18 and Ohio State only beat NDSU by 17. Every team and every game is different from one night to another but it would be nice to dream we beat Ohio State on their court by 1.

• Upvote 1

Comparative scoring in basketball is for the fans who don't understand the landscape of the game.

UND throttled NDSU. It's still their only D1 so far, which is pretty sad to say the least. If they can't beat SDSU at home, there are some serious issues there. Nagy doesn't have Wolters there to save his job anymore.

• Upvote 1

Comparative scoring in basketball is for the fans who don't understand the landscape of the game.

UND throttled NDSU. It's still their only D1 so far, which is pretty sad to say the least.

Pretty sad? Yeah sorry we lost to 2 ranked teams and 3 others all on the road.

Pretty sad? Yeah sorry we lost to 2 ranked teams and 3 others all on the road.

I don't think "losing" defines what's been happening with your team. "Ass kicked" is much more clear.

I'm just telling you how it is. Feel free to sugar coat it any way you want. The team, with your talent, shouldn't be losing all these games, let alone getting their ass kicked.

Man, how bad is ndsu really if they got throttled by such a weak UND team? :silly:

There's that comparative scoring thing going on again that the converted hockey fanbase doesn't quite understand. UND isn't a "weak" team, or shouldn't be. You have some good players on that team.

The Cal Poly game was disappointing. The other 4 losses we were probably not expected to win. Starting tomorrow we will get the read on how good our team really is.

It's exactly how I would look at it. The purpose for your season hasn't even started yet. NDSU has had a very good season up until now. The same can be said if they cannot get through the Summit and make the tournament.

I don't think "losing" defines what's been happening with your team. "Ass kicked" is much more clear.

I'm just telling you how it is. Feel free to sugar coat it any way you want. The team, with your talent, shouldn't be losing all these games, let alone getting their ass kicked.

Sorry your team got an ass kicking by UND and Ohio St...feel better about your team now?

Good to know we now have the definition of an "ass kicking". UND has 1 loss by more than they beat NDSU by. You do the math on the rest.

It's exactly how I would look at it. The purpose for your season hasn't even started yet. NDSU has had a very good season up until now. The same can be said if they cannot get through the Summit and make the tournament.

You mean the NCAA tournament because unlike the BSC everyone in the SL (except Omaha) makes the tournament. NDSU's season doesn't start until the SL tourny starts, UND's season starts with the first conference game.

Good to know we now have the definition of an "ass kicking". UND has 1 loss by more than they beat NDSU by. You do the math on the rest.

1 = that equals the number of Division 1 wins you have this year total.

The difference between our fanbase, is UND could lose the rest of their games this year, and you would still say "At least we beat NDSU". Last year when NDSU was a game away from the NCAA's and lost to an NBA PG, the fans were upset, and the UND victory was a distant memory never to be thought of again.

• Upvote 1

You mean the NCAA tournament because unlike the BSC everyone in the SL (except Omaha) makes the tournament. NDSU's season doesn't start until the SL tourny starts, UND's season starts with the first conference game.

It's NCAA's or bust every year for NDSU, which is why the fanbase is uneasy.

I'm a little shocked that your expectations are the Big Sky Conference Tournament or bust.

I'm a little shocked that your expectations are the Big Sky Conference Tournament or bust.

Without making that tournament there is no dance, but you could be last in the SL and still make their conference tourny.

Without making that tournament there is no dance, but you could be last in the SL and still make their conference tourny.

It doesn't matter if NDSU doesn't win a game in the conference regular season, or doesn't lose a game in the conference regular season, if they don't get to the tournament this year, there's a lot of questions surrounding the direction of that program. Everything else is irrelevant.

Not every team in the Big Sky makes the conference tournament so yes, that has to be goal #1. Last year there was a lot of disappointment after the conference tournament so your hockey only thoughts are tiring.

And I heard Saul the other day trying to justify his loses this year but he didn't touch the UND game at all. He knows they got embarrassed and I don't think there is any doubt it would happen again if the game was tomorrow. From what I saw that night, those two teams aren't on the same level.

• Upvote 1

What's your definition of "quality". Remember, we both play in conference that are in the bottom 3rd tier of all of Division 1.

You said you had some very quality wins and I was just wondering your definition of very quality. ND yes, Valley City and Vertibo no, Rider and Bryant...not my definition of "very quality" wins.

It doesn't matter if NDSU doesn't win a game in the conference regular season, or doesn't lose a game in the conference regular season, if they don't get to the tournament this year, there's a lot of questions surrounding the direction of that program. Everything else is irrelevant.

It does matter how a team plays in a conference tourny, because you lose in the tourny there is no dance. Neither conference is ever good enough for at large bid (we both are NOT Kansas). UND's ultimate goal is the dance, but our immediate goal is making the tourny. No tourny = no dance.

The difference between our fanbase, is UND could lose the rest of their games this year, and you would still say "At least we beat NDSU". Last year when NDSU was a game away from the NCAA's and lost to an NBA PG, the fans were upset, and the UND victory was a distant memory never to be thought of again.

A whole lot of conjecture in that post.

UND - 79

SDSU - 71