SiouxSports.com Forum

Frenchy's, Home Away from Home

sprig

I think I posted this earlier when there was a question about what happened to the mugs at Frency's. Frenchy was at homecoming about 2-3 years ago just sitting in a chair and taking it all in, still had the Frenchy moustache. When somone introduced him to me we reminised for awhile about how a guy could get into Frenchy's no matter how old you were if you were associated with a UND team. He did share that it bothered him that he was never inducted into any UND Hall of Fame - I believe they have a special one for UND boosters. He also told me all the mugs were bought by someone and sold on Ebay.

Frenchy was a good guy, bartended their for a year. One nite I new of 25 people under age, we sure had fun. Someone out there must have info on what's happened to the Frenchy mugs that hung from the ceiling. I'm sure I'm not the only one that leftone their. Help??

Frenchy was a good guy, bartended their for a year. One nite I new of 25 people under age, we sure had fun. Someone out there must have info on what's happened to the Frenchy mugs that hung from the ceiling. I'm sure I'm not the only one that leftone their. Help??

It has been mentioned at least a couple of times on recent threads (including a couple of posts ago on this thread) that someone bought all of the mugs that had been left and sold them on Ebay.

It has been mentioned at least a couple of times on recent threads (including a couple of posts ago on this thread) that someone bought all of the mugs that had been left and sold them on Ebay.

Here's one..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frenchys-Tavern-Beer-Stein-Grand-Forks-North-Dakota-Bar-Lounge-Mug-/331085250175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1637fe7f

The mugs that were unused initially were put behind plexiglass near the entrance. Saw my mug behind glass, and was not ready for it to close, so neglected to pick it up before it did. Did someone actually sell the mugs with names on them?

Never really started spending time in Grand Forks until about 2009. I have heard a couple times about this Frenchy's Tavern, sounds like it was a cool place. Where was it? Is the building still standing?

Corner of Stanford Road and Gateway. Building is gone, Great Wall Buffet is just north of where it use to be. Looks like some sort of contruction co. lot it there now.

• 10 years later...
4 minutes ago, David said:

Mid 60’s. Does anyone remember Lupe’?.

I saw a post (somewhere) and a person asked about “Loop” like maybe LuuPee.

Frenchys was his hang while at UND

On 12/14/2013 at 6:02 AM, sprig said:

The mugs that were unused initially were put behind plexiglass near the entrance. Saw my mug behind glass, and was not ready for it to close, so neglected to pick it up before it did. Did someone actually sell the mugs with names on them?

Did you know Lupe, From Williston 

On 12/13/2013 at 10:26 PM, 82SiouxGuy said:
On 12/13/2013 at 10:06 PM, john73 said:

So YES we're dredging up a lot of old memories here but I actually sold a load of old Frenchy's mugs on Ebay!     I found them in an old antique shop on the east side on Central avenue.   2 old people that bought them by the box for who knows how much and were selling them for $2 each.  I bought probably 100 of them and sold them for about $10-20 each on Ebay - so Frenchy didn't exactly lose out on a million dollars but I made a few bucks.   (I also have one of his nickel beer (6 oz) glasses that is priceless - I'll never sell that!)  Best memory was a lady that bought one and asked if I had her mug with her sig on it - just so happened I DID!  It blew her mind and I've never had a more satisfied customer in my life.s

FYI for you oldsters! - I also have a bunch of the old original songbooks from the Piano Bar at the Westward HO along with the ORIGINAL Fishbowl recipes I bought at their auction - pm me if you're interested!  (I did pretty good with those on Ebay too!)   I'll give you a good deal!

• Upvote 2