SiouxSports.com Forum

U. of NORTH DAKOTA @ Boston U - Saturday

AZSIOUX

a win would have been great, but a tie isn't the worse thing. if the team that showed up and played tonight shows up from here on out this team will win a lot of games. hey, we didn't lose.

Not the worse thing. But not getting the win to split the series won't help with PWR comparison either

• Upvote 1

The team showed promise tonight and that is a good sign. Chyzk, Tambo, Pattyn scoring is a good thing. Give those guys some confidence going forward. Once Mark Mac and St.Clair get healthy and get their form back, this team will have a better makeup.

Not happy with the tie, but after watching the effort and compete level, I think the team is taking steps on improving. They'll start winning games playing like that.

Really liked the Park, Chyzk, Pattyn line. They cycled the puck well and went to the net with the puck. OD looked great back in the lineup.

Going forward the team needs to build in the scoring department. Mark Mac will have to get it rolling, Tambo and Chyzk need to continue to score here and there. Drake and Rocco, obviously will need to continue to lead there as well as OD.

Last note, still need to work on the PP. They need to move the puck around with more speed. Also, the guys really need to focus (need laser focus) on making passes on the sticks instead of in the skates on the PP. I also wouldn't mind see the PP being worked down low more than up top every now to change it up. Our PP is too telegraphed.

So you're telling me four different guys sucked......ufffff........

No doubt; Bennedeto and Miller on Friday; wonder if those four are as good as it gets?

OD was great, even better than his first few games before the injury. He had to have been playing injured last year to look so much different.

Sioux's biggest loss is St. Clair and his PKing; he was a large part of that run of kills the Sioux had up to the time of his injury.

The team is still a bit scoring challenged given all the great chances they created, but, like in prior years, when the bad luck breaks, they will beat someone badly. That was the Sioux team I've been waiting to watch since the season started.

Call em, tell them to get their dish pointed directly at 129, rather than off a few clicks

Probably mis-posted here. The Dish feed came from 129, Midco was probably attempting (and not so well) to point at 83W, where NESN originated on satellite.

Probably mis-posted here. The Dish feed came from 129, Midco was probably attempting (and not so well) to point at 83W, where NESN originated on satellite.

No midco wouldn't pick this up Fta would they? ;) I find it very interesting that you can still find so many sporting events with a Fta system from channels such as nesn, nbcsn, cbscs, etc, yet when midco sn has a "treasured game" up there, they scramble it.

No midco wouldn't pick this up Fta would they? ;) I find it very interesting that you can still find so many sporting events with a Fta system from channels such as nesn, nbcsn, cbscs, etc, yet when midco sn has a "treasured game" up there, they scramble it.

No doubt they paid to get it, even though it was fta.

Either today or in the next couple of days, I will put up replays of the goals and a couple of other doozies that I saw this weekend. Wow! Let’s just say that the on ice officials were brutal this weekend. I actually do like the idea of having neutral officials when teams play a nonconference series. The TV feed for NESN from DirecTV was awesome last night. I watched the broadcast originally on Midco last night and the game was feed was not good. Get your video requests out.

My issues with the officials dealt mostly with consistency. Rocco gets bear hugged and no call......then UND's Murphy bear hugs a guy because its supposedly okay and he gets a penalty. Definitely a penalty on Murphy, but why not on the BU defenseman on Rocco?

With three minutes left in the game you call a penalty based on a broken stick with a UND player attempting to take a shot.......If you're willing to blow your whistle then it better be 100 percent obvious.

When I coached I got into an argument or two with officials. But If an official told me he didn't have the best view of the play so he couldn't make a call you really couldn't argue. You can't call what you can't see. Don't make up a slash if you didn't see one etc.....How that official saw a slash by OD will never make any sense to me.

I would like to see video of the call on Scmaltz, made by the ref 70 feet behind the play while the ref looking at it from 4 feet didn't make the call. I think someone posted TH said it was a BU stickhold, then taking a dive over the stick to draw the penalty. I didn't see it well enough to tell if I think the ref or TH was correct.

And the what I assume was HE announcers on NESN were way better than the neanderthal Hodge on NBCSN. He was explaining why a penalty call was made while we watched slow motion replay, and it was obvious what he said and what we were seeing was not the same thing.

I would like to see video of the call on Scmaltz, made by the ref 70 feet behind the play while the ref looking at it from 4 feet didn't make the call. I think someone posted TH said it was a BU stickhold, then taking a dive over the stick to draw the penalty. I didn't see it well enough to tell if I think the ref or TH was correct.

And the what I assume was HE announcers on NESN were way better than the neanderthal Hodge on NBCSN. He was explaining why a penalty call was made while we watched slow motion replay, and it was obvious what he said and what we were seeing was not the same thing.

Yeah, him explaining to me why Drake got an elbowing penalty when he hit the guy to the head or neck area when he hit him directly in the shoulder on the replay was a bit confusing....

If we have the times for these two calls, and what game I can put these up. I am thinking about doing a montage on bad calls from this weekend.

Yeah, him explaining to me why Drake got an elbowing penalty when he hit the guy to the head or neck area when he hit him directly in the shoulder on the replay was a bit confusing....

I had the benefit of watching the game on nbcsn with no commercials and heard and saw hodge pick and choose what replays to show. There were blatant missed penalty calls that he specifically asked to not be shown. I was shocked how biased the NBC announcers were.

Either today or in the next couple of days, I will put up replays of the goals and a couple of other doozies that I saw this weekend. Wow! Let’s just say that the on ice officials were brutal this weekend. I actually do like the idea of having neutral officials when teams play a nonconference series. The TV feed for NESN from DirecTV was awesome last night. I watched the broadcast originally on Midco last night and the game was feed was not good. Get your video requests out.

Goon, I'm very curious, how did the HD quality of the NESN direct tv broadcast compare to the HD that Midco is providing for home Sioux games with their "new" HD technology?

I have only seen the Midco broadcasts through the computer feed.

I did watch the NESN broadcast on Direct TV last night and was amazed at the quality of the HD picture. Not bad TV coverage for a program which draws 4,000 to home games.

Goon, I'm very curious, how did the HD quality of the NESN direct tv broadcast compare to the HD that Midco is providing for home Sioux games with their "new" HD technology?

I did watch the NESN broadcast on Direct TV last night and was amazed at the quality of the HD picture. Not bad TV coverage for a program which draws 4,000 to home games.

I've heard those with midco say the HD is very good on midco cable. On some of the other cable co's that pay for midco, not so much, although some of them may have chosen to just add an sd channel, and don't actually show hd. I haven't seen it myself on either midco nor nccray, so I'm just commenting on what others have said. I've asked a few out here if they are getting the hd channel on nccray, and none are sure.

On another note, if you ever get to watch first generation HD, like the guys with HD fta boxes, or an ota feed, it blows away all hd delivered by cable or satellite. I watched some of a Bison game on ota HD in a Jamestown motel on local NBC, and it was unreal. Switched over to midco's Montana/SD game and it didn't come close, but it was just an sd station (don't know if csi in Jamestown offers HD midcosportsnet, but if they do the motel didn't pay for it, and didn't get it)

That's the one, and I heard the same thing from the color guy on a hit on the Saturday afternoon telecast of ND/Lowell. Never heard the guy's name but it sounded like Hodge.

And I guess the neck and head are close to the shoulder if my anatomy is correct. I would imagine by that standard Rocco could get contact near the head or neck if you checked him in the ankles.

Um, I hope I don't get shot for saying this but the first half of the game on MIDCO SN was almost unwatchable, it was tiling throughout the broadcast. The second half of the game was okay. I watched the game at my in-laws who have MIDCO SN. I went home to re-watch some of the game and the NESN feed was amazing. NESN is an awesome TV channel. I watch it quite a bit with my DirecTV package though.

If we have the times for these two calls, and what game I can put these up. I am thinking about doing a montage on bad calls from this weekend.

Don't remember when Drake got the elbowing penalty, but both these calls were during the Friday night game. I believe the Schmaltz penalty led to a PPG for BU, so was likely just before the 4:59 mark of the third period when BU scored. I don't think that the elbowing penalty on Drake led to a goal; maybe someone else remembers when it occured.

Edit: wrong, the penalty in the third that led to a goal was Drakes. Schmaltz' penalty was in the first, and came just before a bench penalty, and a BU PPG at 17:15.

Um, I hope I don't get shot for saying this but the first half of the game on MIDCO SN was almost unwatchable, it was tiling throughout the broadcast. The second half of the game was okay. I watched the game at my in-laws who have MIDCO SN. I went home to re-watch some of the game and the NESN feed was amazing. NESN is an awesome TV channel. I watch it quite a bit with my DirecTV package though.

I believe midco had a pointing problem last night, and were off a few clicks from a correct point at the satellite that NESN was uplinked to, probably 83W. Not unusual for these cable co's to just get close to a correct point and call it good, until it pixelates and the complaints roll in, after which they apparently got it corrected. They need to call in an fta'er, they all fiddle with their dish until it's as accurate as they can get it, without doing that, motoring to other satellites does not work.

I believe midco had a pointing problem last night, and were off a few clicks from a correct point at the satellite that NESN was uplinked to, probably 83W. Not unusual for these cable co's to just get close to a correct point and call it good, until it pixelates and the complaints roll in, after which they apparently got it corrected. They need to call in an fta'er, they all fiddle with their dish until it's as accurate as they can get it, without doing that, motoring to other satellites does not work.

It's time for college hockey to have a College Hockey Package like they do with the NHL Center Ice.