SiouxSports.com Forum

Take your pick...

ndsubison

My pick would be the color photo in Sports Illustrated spread across two full pages showing UND's Adam Stratton breaking up a pass in the Division II national championship game against GVSU. But because that SI image is unavailable, this one will have to do.

state.jpg

Ok, 1 of 2 things happened here:

Either ndsubison is unemployed and was up late drinking and posting, OR

he is a ndsu student, and he was up late drinking and posting. both are very possible. how was your night of cow-tipping, ndsubison?

anyways, yes, divisionally-speaking you may be higher than us. but, so was montana this year, and you guys beat them. it means nothing more than you having more scholarships. we'll still probably take you guys out to the woodshed like we have been for the last oh, 15 years? that being said, just because ndsu will be higher than UND in division, does not mean that ndsu would automatically be better than UND. ask d1-aa playoff contestant montana, who ndsu beat. we then beat ndsu, who could ultimately only manage to tie for second in the NCC, and miss the playoffs completely.

so, instead of choosing between the two photos you posted, i'll take photos of scoreboards reading UND 28 ndsu 21 anyday of the week. i think it's funny how proud ndsu is of last season, in which they had 3 losses and missed the playoffs. keep hanging on to that win over montana from last season, because thats pretty much all you have. nice d2 sendoff season. :(

take it easy on the liquor, ndsubison

In ndsubison's defense, I'll point out that I post on this board at some strange hours. It's because I'm a nightowl, not because I'm drunk, unemployed or an NDSU student. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :(

Either ndsubison is unemployed and was up late drinking and posting, OR

he is a ndsu student, and he was up late drinking and posting. both are very possible. how was your night of cow-tipping, ndsubison?

Be nice. You don't know any of that.

In an unrelated note, from WDAY-AM Radio (Voice of the Bison):

NDSU student spends hours unprotected in the cold

WDAY Radio - 01/22/2004

An NDSU student was treated and released from Meritcare Hospital after spending two hours in the frigid cold without a jacket or gloves.

West Fargo police say 19 year-old Johann Thomasson became intoxicated after a night of partying with friends last night.

He was riding in the back seat of a car when he jumped out and ran.

Thomasson's friends contacted police 90 minutes later saying he was still missing.

Authorities found him a short time later in the 400 block of 12th Avenue NW.

West Fargo police officer Al Schmitt says Thomasson was beginning to show signs of frostbite.

Schmidt says charges against Thomassson could include underage consumption of alchol.

We are now bigger than you.  Deal with it or sign the contract. :(

UND is dealing with it . . . it's people like you that post stuff like this that aren't.

What . . . nothing to talk about on your board . . . I heard the season ticket package for home bison football games is going to be somewhere around $20 . . . any truth to that ;):)

Sioux envy is a horrible thing . . . that is why I am PROUD to the a fan of the THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA.

We are now bigger than you. Deal with it or sign the contract. :(

If you are bigger than us, how come you seem to be so preoccupied with us. I don't spend all my leisure time hanging out on the Bison board. In fact, never been there. Just being here constantly shows how big we really are.

Would NDSU please stop talking about how they are D1-AA. They are that only on paper and only cause there administration is telling them that they are. They do not have 1 player that is a D1-AA player on there roster. Am I wrong? Or were these guys just D2--Non Playoff--3 Loss--players last year, and now all the sudden they are D1-AA players and are better than UND?? I don't get it.

Maybe in 2 years after some recruiting but not now--they are still a D2 team until they recruit at least 2 recruiting classes with those extra 29 scholarships.

Tell me if I am wrong, anybody. I may be but I doubt it!

Would NDSU please stop talking about how they are D1-AA. They are that only on paper and only cause there administration is telling them that they are. They do not have 1 player that is a D1-AA player on there roster. Am I wrong? Or were these guys just D2--Non Playoff--3 Loss--players last year, and now all the sudden they are D1-AA players and are better than UND?? I don't get it.

Maybe in 2 years after some recruiting but not now--they are still a D2 team until they recruit at least 2 recruiting classes with those extra 29 scholarships.

Tell me if I am wrong, anybody. I may be but I doubt it!

I guess that's more of a philosophical question than anything. I guess that if a player plays for a DII school he is a DII player. But then if the school moves up is he automatically a I-AA player. I don't know. But IMO there are definitely I-AA caliber players on both NDSU's and UND's rosters

I totally agree with this statement. I think it would be interesting to hear who people think the d1-aa caliber players on UND's team are, I will also try to formulate an opinion

from the 4 games I saw.. (NDSU, UNO, UNA, GVSU)

digger... obviously

lueck.. an argument could have been made that he won the NDSU and UNA games by setting the tone early

O-line... it is difficult to pick out players specifically (other than olson) but their pass protection was unbeleivable and a key to their wins against sdsu, scsu, and ndsu.

there are obviously others.. but these are the ones that stand out to me