SiouxSports.com Forum

Take your pick...

ndsubison

If you are bigger than us, how come you seem to be so preoccupied with us. I don't spend all my leisure time hanging out on the Bison board. In fact, never been there. Just being here constantly shows how big we really are.

well put there TNT. UND beat NDSU, get over it already!! I thought the guys from Sag-Nasty Valley were bad. Bottem line here, at the end of the year, UND was in the championship game. Where was NDSU? Contracting a case of frostbite back home most likely. Besides, ain't they now DI-AA now? Shouldnt they start to go bother some DI-AA schools board now?? And leave all of us poor, pitiful teams that are stuck in the mudhole that is D2 alone? :silly:

P.S. --I was being sarcastic when refurring to D2 as a mudhole. :lol:

As a current I-AA GA, let me say that probably 90% of I-AA teams around the country would have straight up traded their starting O-lines for the one UND had last season. As for other players on UND's team, it is more difficult to say because they are so well-coached that it is hard to compare their innate ability and determine whether or not they would have been successful at the I-AA level. Digger, Lueck, Gagner, Momerak, Stratton...ability-wise they're middle of the pack I-AA (and I'm only talking about scholarship-giving I-AA schools), but they were so well taught and DEVELOPED at UND that if they were to just jump into another I-AA school right now they would be successful. However, if they were to just start off at a I-AA school and didn't receive the same coaching as at UND, I don't believe they would have been as good of players. Does that make sense? Basically my point is that players at UND are so well-coached that it kind of "exaggerates" their talent. The fact of the matter is there aren't very many great coaching staffs around the country like the one UND has...at any level. So to look at some of these players and say that they would have the same level of success at a I-AA school as they have had at UND is hard to say, because they are so well-coached.

As a current I-AA GA, let me say that probably 90% of I-AA teams around the country would have straight up traded their starting O-lines for the one UND had last season. As for other players on UND's team, it is more difficult to say because they are so well-coached that it is hard to compare their innate ability and determine whether or not they would have been successful at the I-AA level. Digger, Lueck, Gagner, Momerak, Stratton...ability-wise they're middle of the pack I-AA (and I'm only talking about scholarship-giving I-AA schools), but they were so well taught and DEVELOPED at UND that if they were to just jump into another I-AA school right now they would be successful. However, if they were to just start off at a I-AA school and didn't receive the same coaching as at UND, I don't believe they would have been as good of players. Does that make sense? Basically my point is that players at UND are so well-coached that it kind of "exaggerates" their talent. The fact of the matter is there aren't very many great coaching staffs around the country like the one UND has...at any level. So to look at some of these players and say that they would have the same level of success at a I-AA school as they have had at UND is hard to say, because they are so well-coached.

AMEN, Sioux '01. it could not have been explained any better. you are right on!!

I dont agree that Stratton was D1AA caliber. I dont think he held the starting position this season stricly because of his play. He consistantly missed tackles, didnt make the big play. I believe Brandstead will definately show how the position can really be played. I believe Both our starting safeties next year are D1 caliber. As will both our inside backers (DIgger and Dan) Our outside situation also since I see Dahlen and B-J as very capable. I actually think Jason Peterson will show his big time talent, with that huge wing span. And offensively I believe Ranson, Kuper are very capable. I hope to see however this spring and fall what they all are really capable of. I think Jared Nestland does a great job from what I have heard with workouts, and I see everyone making huge improvements.