SiouxSports.com Forum

2nd Annual POI vs SS.com Hockey Game

bertibm

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments.

Last year was sure a workout. I played in another game right after that and it was pretty high tempo (mostly former D3 guys) and had a lot of shots there. Afterwards i had a migraine and puked my guts out.

But it's all good for a good day of hockey.

The POI will get a slightly new look from me this year in a couple ways. You guys will like it and hopefully all will be forgiven since i am a bison.

Anyone find me any eligibility yet? :D

(brandt / parise look alright this year..they got a chance)

Like mksioux said, I should be available to play.

what ever happened to "barcardio" He is a UND fan and has dropped off both here and POI, and doesn't skate anymore... :D

WPoS

Actually, he just emailed me and said he will play.

jk

mksioux

747guy

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and friend

bacardio

Goalie: stuckinfargo

We just need 4 more skaters. Wantagh, if by chance you are in the cities, drop by anyway. It's too bad some of you guys actually want to go somewhere besides the Final Five for Spring Break. :p

Sorry, for those of you who thought I dropped off the planet. I am in for sure. Last year was a blast.

GreyEagle & WPoS - I have signed up for a bunch of the POI ice times, but they keep getting cancelled. I may have to try and hook up with one of the team that plays in the league at the Blaine superrinks.

Bacardio

What was the skill level like for last years games?

I'll let the players answer that question. I'm guessing most of them have played at least at a high school level. I just don't want this to get lost among all the bitching about games that are already done. :silly:

We still need 4 players!

The ice is typically 1.5 hours. I wear a helmet, cup, shin pads, elbow pads. Others wear full gear.

The games are usually a lot of fun and not ultra competitive, although I guess the game last year may have been a little rougher than most. I didn't skate so I can't judge.

Someone want to send me some info?

I'm interested, don't know when it is, or what I'll be doing for Spring Break. I think it would be fun, though I maybe a bit younger than some (27 year old Canadien :silly: ). I'm not too bad though, play Intramural at UND (which doesn't say too much), but I am in shape so thats a plus.

Let me know because I never turn down a game ;)

I think I am interested in playing. What I need to find out is if a person can still get Final Five tickets and if anyone knows what the WCHA/X's policy is on small children (under 2). I'll have to hide the hockey in with a shopping trip if I am going to get clearence on this. Are kids under 2 free, do I need to buy a lap ticket like at The Ralph ($5) or will I need to buy a full priced ticket for my little Sioux fan?

FYI, I played HS hockey in the early 90's and still get out once a week so while I'm not in shape I'm not completely out of shape. :silly:

Thanks for the help.

For those of you who are interested in playing that didn't play last year, this is how it went.

I organized the team and paid the $120 to reserve the ice (each team paid $120). Since I didn't play and that is a fortune to me, I asked that everyone who played send me their name, phone number, and address as some sort of insurance that I would be reimbursed. The goalie doesn't pay, so it ended up being $12/player, and everyone just paid me cash at the game. The guys who played last year don't need to send me their info; I kept it just in case we played again this year.

Anyone is welcome to play. For cripes sake, there was a guy who played for POI last year who had to be a good 250. There were only 7 players last year, and they all were pretty gassed to say the least by the end of the game, so with 10 players hopefully it won't be quite as bad.

Anyone who doesn't want to play should come and watch, because it was fun last year!

For those of you who are interested in playing that didn't play last year, this is how it went.

I organized the team and paid the $120 to reserve the ice (each team paid $120). Since I didn't play and that is a fortune to me, I asked that everyone who played send me their name, phone number, and address as some sort of insurance that I would be reimbursed. The goalie doesn't pay, so it ended up being $12/player, and everyone just paid me cash at the game. The guys who played last year don't need to send me their info; I kept it just in case we played again this year.

Anyone is welcome to play. For cripes sake, there was a guy who played for POI last year who had to be a good 250. There were only 7 players last year, and they all were pretty gassed to say the least by the end of the game, so with 10 players hopefully it won't be quite as bad.

Anyone who doesn't want to play should come and watch, because it was fun last year!

and after the game you can watch the coaches duke it out! :silly:

WPoS