SiouxSports.com Forum

2nd Annual POI vs SS.com Hockey Game

bertibm

Would you "hot doggit" (what the hell is that?) against nasty Gopher fans, or try to whip them like the redheaded step-children that they are? I think we all know the answer to that question. :huh::D

With all the happy, "let's hold hands" attitudes floating around here, I can see that I'm going to have to drop the timid, nice guy coaching style and adopt a hard ass, in your face style.

what ,you are not going to hand out kittens again this year prior to the game?!?! ;)

WPoS

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Greyeagle, last year did actually get a little to competitive :p as in a lot if extra stickwork. :huh: As much as for both teams trying, the POI team diffinitly was trying to win, but towards the end of the game I think the Sioux players were just trying to catch their breath and avoid a heart attack. Then again, maybe that was just me. ;)

I am hoping (against hope?) that PCM can make it to this so we could have a USCHO-style game recap posted here. Post game reactions, a box score, the works.

That would be really really cool.

When all the information is together, please post it all here or PM me with it so I can pass it to my friend who can serve as a player if not an alternate. I'll handle the costs involved. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

So far this is the roster:

jk

mksioux

747guy

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and friend

bacardio

Kirk

MinnesotaNorthStar

Goalie: stuckinfargo

I emailed the two guys who said they weren't sure if they could play or not. If anyone knows someone who would like to play for the good guys on the Sunday after the Final Five, let me know. Redwing, let me know if your friend can play. We need to get the ice reserved, so the sooner the better. After paying my bills today, I'm just hoping I'll have enough money to cover the Sioux team temporarily. :lol:

Forecheck, If we are looking at getting 1 1/2 hours of ice, it will be a little more spendy this year if we want a rink in the NW burbs. Right now the best I can find would be around $130 a team. So $10 more than last year if that is ok with you

I'm intending on getting fully reimbursed, so that's up to everyone else. Although I don't think it should be a problem since that will only be $1 more per person.

A nice rink that is somewhat centrally located that is also close to Joe Senser's (for after game pops) :lol: is the Bloomington Ice Garden.

Weekdays 3 -9:45 p.m. Weekends 6 a.m. - 9:45 p.m.

The rate for 1.5 hours would be $217 + tax = $231.64 or $115.82 / team.

Just thought I would throw that out there for ya!

Forecheck, I might be able to help y'all out. I'm 41 yrs old and not very good, but I play in a lower-level non-checking league in the Twin Cities and you're game sounds like fun. I suspect everyone plays at a higher level than me, but if your bench is short, I can at least give the first line (or two) a breather. If you need an extra player, you can email me at dlveer@yahoo.com.

diggin, we could most definitely use you. That would make 10 skaters. I'll send you an email with more details, but for now I'll count on you as being there. After deliberations and player cuts :) the final roster is:

jk

mksioux

747guy

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer and friend

bacardio

Kirk

MinnesotaNorthStar

diggin42

SiouxTupa

Goalie: stuckinfargo

Bertibm, I'll also send you an email, but we have a full team. I would check into the place 747Guy mentioned. An after-game drink at Sensors sounds like fun! When the time, place, and $$ are settled I'll send everyone on the team an email.

Bertibm, I'll also send you an email, but we have a full team. I would check into the place 747Guy mentioned. An after-game drink at Sensors sounds like fun! When the time, place, and $$ are settled I'll send everyone on the team an email.

Bloomington Ice Gardens is a pretty nice rink. I played there a few times in my youth hockey days. I would not be adverse to an arena around an establishment for a post-game beverage or two (probably not more since I have to drive back to Grand Forks afterwards).

I'll shamelessly plug for somewhere in the north metro (where I live). It's also closer to Grand Forks. ;) Columbia Arena in Fridley on University Avenue a couple miles north of 694 might be a good location.

I'm fine with wherever. I think we'll be able to find post-game pops no matter where we play. :)

I'll shamelessly plug for somewhere in the north metro (where I live). It's also closer to Grand Forks. ;) Columbia Arena in Fridley on University Avenue a couple miles north of 694 might be a good location.

I'm fine with wherever. I think we'll be able to find post-game pops no matter where we play. :)

Not to be a prick, but I know how to make ice and know where I should. I did this last year. The ice will be in the West or Northwest Metro. Rinks I am looking into are, Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth, Minnetonka.

Ok, Here are the choices I will let the SS team choose since some of them have to drive back to ND.

I need to know by Friday, if I dont see anything I will make the ice where I want

Plymouth Ice arena 1hr 15min 11:30 to 12:45 Price would be in the range of $110 per team

Brooklyn Park: 1 hr 30min 10:15 to 11:45 Price would be around $110 per team

Maple Grove Waiting on them

Columbia Arena Fridley. 1hr 30 min 2:15 to 3:45 $100 per team. Please let me know asap