SiouxSports.com Forum

2nd Annual POI vs SS.com Hockey Game

bertibm

As to the quality of play, some of the POI guys can really skate and move the puck. There are a few scrubs (WPoS), but mostly they are very good. I feel qualified to call WPoS a scrub because I'm worse than he is.

forecheck (or whoever feels in charge), when you list me as playing, you should know that I can't play very well at all. I can give someone a rest for a few minutes, but that's about it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like POI skates together all year and SS.com is just looking for people who have skates to fill a roster? :glare: Great parity!

Is it true POI played the rouser prior to the game last year? :huh:

I will be in Europe, so I can't attend, but I would love to see this!

yes we had a Rouser and even our coach was looking good in a suit!

POI skates about 1X a week, but the group changes regularly and never the same team, but I CAN see how that could help out a POI crew, but your guys last year hung in well and even with a short bench tied the POI boys...

WPoS

yes we had a Rouser and even our coach was looking good in a suit!

POI skates about 1X a week, but the group changes regularly and never the same team, but I CAN see how that could help out a POI crew, but your guys last year hung in well and even with a short bench tied the POI boys...

WPoS

Sounds like a fun group!

jk, don't worry about skill level, we're just there to have fun. Don't get me wrong, if we don't kick POI ass out there this year, there will be repercussions. But still, it will be fun. :glare: Hell, I'd play if I could skate worth a damn.

As WPOS pointed out, the SiouxSports team did just fine last year with a short bench and without having played together before. With some of the same skilled players back this year and a full bench, it should be pretty competitive.

The rouser before the game was just a punch in the gut that made you want to beat POI even more, so bring it. But I will not be outclassed this time. I'll dig out my old prom dress if I have to WPOS. :lol: Apparently jeans and a t-shirt is tacky for a coach to wear. :huh:

jk, don't worry about skill level, we're just there to have fun. Don't get me wrong, if we don't kick POI ass out there this year, there will be repercussions. But still, it will be fun. :glare: Hell, I'd play if I could skate worth a damn.

As WPOS pointed out, the SiouxSports team did just fine last year with a short bench and without having played together before. With some of the same skilled players back this year and a full bench, it should be pretty competitive.

The rouser before the game was just a punch in the gut that made you want to beat POI even more, so bring it. But I will not be outclassed this time. I'll dig out my old prom dress if I have to WPOS. ;) Apparently jeans and a t-shirt is tacky for a coach to wear. :lol:

Hey the coach refelects on the team! We all know how the coach dresses for the game determines the outcome! ;) No, no need for a prom dress that's for sure, but don't be suprised if I don't at least sport a sport coat! After all have to be able to play you in BD afterwards! :huh:

WPoS

Just wondering if the participants actually try their hardest during this game or do they just hot doggit around the rink like the NHL All Star Game? No skills competition? :huh:

That was you getting hacked by a vicious Sioux, GE? From your mature posts, I always thought you were in your 50's, 60's... ;)

If you watch me play you'd be guessing the 60's or 70's. :p

We tried for the entire game, and I thought at times last year's game was actually too competitive. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail this year and it will be a good pick up game. Last year felt like a bar or work league game, but w/o refs.

But don't get me wrong, Bacardio & I were discussing post game electrolyte replenishment during pregame!

Just wondering if the participants actually try their hardest during this game or do they just hot doggit around the rink like the NHL All Star Game? No skills competition? :p

Would you "hot doggit" (what the hell is that?) against nasty Gopher fans, or try to whip them like the redheaded step-children that they are? I think we all know the answer to that question. :huh:;)

With all the happy, "let's hold hands" attitudes floating around here, I can see that I'm going to have to drop the timid, nice guy coaching style and adopt a hard ass, in your face style.

Would you "hot doggit" (what the hell is that?) against nasty Gopher fans, or try to whip them like the redheaded step-children that they are? I think we all know the answer to that question. :huh:;)

With all the happy, "let's hold hands" attitudes floating around here, I can see that I'm going to have to drop the timid, nice guy coaching style and adopt a hard ass, in your face style.

"He's a hot dog." "He was really hot dogging it."...Does that help?

Go get 'em, coach porsche_leather_whip.jpg