SiouxSports.com Forum

Silly Gophers ...

ScottM

Compared to the Axe, Jug, and Floyd, the Governor's bell is the most irrelevant trophy in the Big 10. Created because the Gophers were the 1st Big 10 opponent that Penn State faced. (That would be the equivalent of if UND created a rivalry trophy against Sac State because they were the first Big Sky conference opponent)

Nevertheless, I am happy that the Gophs are doing well for coach Kill and I hope he can get his epilepsy under control once and for all. I had a family member pass away from the condition around this time 15 years ago, so I know from firsthand experience how hard it can be for his family.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Meanwhile, the Gophers win another distinction. Travel + Leisure on CNN has identified the University of Minnesota as one of the 15 ugliest campuses in the country. They weren't the ugliest, so I guess it doesn't count as a national championship. I guess that's a good thing or Dinkytown would be in line to be trashed.

And in other news....We landed on the moon.

Not quite, but we've got the list of potential Apollo captains down to 9, cutting that to 2 around April, then picking a Captain around June...so probably will hit the moon around November 2014...unless we hear Buzz Aldrin wants to come back, that could change the timeline to later.

Sorry I couldn't help it.

• Upvote 1