SiouxSports.com Forum

Portland State GDT

geaux_sioux

Are these all NDSU guys? And did they start?

Yes. NDSU guys. Skyberg was a 4 year starter from 95-98. He's the one about 600 yards behind Kleinsasser in the video of the "catch".

Walter was part-time starter at cb from 02-05.

I don't think McKinnon was ever a starter but played a lot at lb in the mid-90's.

This is all from memory so I may be off in the details some.

Where's Bison06 when you need him?

Yes. NDSU guys. Skyberg was a 4 year starter from 95-98. He's the one about 600 yards behind Kleinsasser in the video of the "catch".

Walter was part-time starter at cb from 02-05.

I don't think McKinnon was ever a starter but played a lot at lb in the mid-90's.

This is all from memory so I may be off in the details some.

Where's Bison06 when you need him?

McKinnon started

Also, Rob Hunt played 2A. Went on to play for the team down south and then get drafted in the 6th round by the Colts. Those are two 2A players just from Cavalier alone. Not to mention Matt Anderson. I'm not very familiar with the Detroit Lakes football program, but can someone give some guys that have had success for UND or NDSU from DL in the last 10-15 years?

Also, Rob Hunt played 2A. Went on to play for the team down south and then get drafted in the 6th round by the Colts. Those are two 2A players just from Cavalier alone. Not to mention Matt Anderson. I'm not very familiar with the Detroit Lakes football program, but can someone give some guys that have had success for UND or NDSU from DL in the last 10-15 years?

The Manke boys were damn solid alone.

Very true, I guess I didn't realize they were from DL. There has to be more and I feel like you can name them. Will you please? I'm very curious! (Also too lazy to go back and look for myself).

Jason Mitchell a LB & Eric Gunderson a CB both played for the Sioux in the late 90's.

What about Brady Trenbeath? He played ND 2 A and has multiple receiving records at UND.

Trenbeath, along with Rob Hunt and Matt Anderson who played for NDSU, all played for Cavalier during Cavalier's glory years of the early 2000s. Although they were AA at that time, Cavalier has now dropped all the way down to 9-man football due to numbers. Over the past decade, other teams have had to do the same. In effect, Class AA is considerably weaker than it was even 10 years ago.