* repeat, going for threepeat

* Blais is classless

* Sioux's best come from Minnesota

* Sioux give scholarships to felons

* REA built with German franks

* Zach was a fool

* Better dead than red - Wisconsin is the real rival

* Virg has his head up Deano's a$$

* Mariucci is classic - the band, the murals, etc.

* Sioux fans are insecure

* Grand Forks is a hell hole

Some questions and comments from myself:

- What makes Blais classless? The fact that he is coaching the Sioux and not the Gophers? Well wouldn't that make Lu-chia classless for leaving CC and coaching the Gophers? I don't know what else Blais has done to be classless.

- The only reason Gopher fans claim Wisconsin as their biggest rival is because they can beat them. I realize that the Badgers and Gophers are huge rivals in every sport but come on.

- DeMarchi was a thug

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnesota fans:

:)

* Blais is classless

Far from true.

This year. Sure wouldn't have minded seeing #11 or #7 wearing the "M".

Had BB accepted a Gopher offer, I'm guessing the "U" would have as well. Plus I'm sure there had to have been some felons on the notorious basketball program at one point.

Boring.

* Zach was a fool

Zach will do very well for him self. His college choice has little impact on that fact.

UND and UW are the hockey teams top rivals depending on who is better in a given season. However, it is a fact that there is more general hatred for UW due to their indescretions in other sports.

The Virg is Deano's Minister of Information line was pretty funny. :glare:

It is a nice place. Probably 2nd best in the league.

Some are. Some aren't.

I've never visited except for in the late spring for baseball. It was nice, but oftly windy.

- The only reason Gopher fans claim Wisconsin as their biggest rival is because they can beat them.  I realize that the Badgers and Gophers are huge rivals in every sport but come on.

Incidentally, who gives a rip if Gopher fans consider UND to be their biggest rival? All that gripe says to me when UND fans complain about it is that they need some kind of vallidation. Even when UND is having a sub-par year, there's not a team in the league looking forward to playing the Sioux, home or away... except out of a desire to see some quality competition. If they don't consider the team in the WCHA with the most championships, best arena, and most players who have moved on to the NHL to be their top rival, it's because they don't regard themselves to be in UND's class. Year in and year out, UND boasts THE top program in the WCHA and arguably in all of college hockey. Who needs a rival when every single team is gunning for you, looking for bragging rights?

It makes sense for UM to consider UW their biggest rival, and I have heard that comment from many Gopher fans. Madison is closer, the schools have more athletic history in other sports, etc. It doesn't mean that Gopher fans consider UW to be a more worthy opponent or a better-run team than UND, just that they hate them more. Let them be satisfied with beating Wisconsin. In the meantime, we'll take the McNaughton cup and sneak off to the Frozen Four.

I found this on POI:

Sioux fans:

* 7 > 5

* Woog sucks

* Minnesotan's are xenophobic

* Woog was a terrible coach

* Sioux are the Gopher's biggest rival

* Woog is a homer

* We have the best arena

* Woog cheated

* Minnesota is a communist state

* Parise made the right choice

* Nanne and Sonmor tried to cheat

* DeMarchi was a thug

* Minnesota fans are arrogant

* Mariucci crowds are boring

* Fox Sport Network is biased

* Hauser is a hack

Minnesota fans:

* Blais is classless

* Zach was a fool

Some questions and comments from myself:

- What makes Blais classless? The fact that he is coaching the Sioux and not the Gophers? Well wouldn't that make Lu-chia classless for leaving CC and coaching the Gophers? I don't know what else Blais has done to be classless.

- The only reason Gopher fans claim Wisconsin as their biggest rival is because they can beat them. I realize that the Badgers and Gophers are huge rivals in every sport but come on.

- DeMarchi was a thug

The only knock on Blais was that his tie selection was atrocious prior to this season. Looks like he has had some help dressing himself as of late. The same could be said about Lucia's hair though...Christ what took so long for that guy to figure out he had a mushroom top going.

As posted on POI, and to sum it all up in a couple of words, borrowing, of course, from the Gophers' tired JBSU rant against their opponents from Saint Cloud, here it is, perhaps, in an analogy  from the TV world of yesteryears . . . .

Sioux Fans =  Greg Brady

Gopher Fans =  Peter Brady.

Eh?

hey, quit stealing our analogies! I know you guys get bent all outa shape when others "borrow" stuff, so be the bigger guy/gal and leave our JBSU analogy alone! :glare::):lol:

Besides I think of you guys more as the butcher guy that Alice always wanted!

WPoS

Agreed...Nice to see a good post there. You're points are classy.

By the way...not to get off the topic here...but I need something cleared up.

What is the deal with midwesterners not understanding the difference between loan and borrow?:)?

You loan something TO another person and you BORROW something FROM another person....

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard a Minnesotan, Wisconsinite, or North Dakotan say BORROW me that....I would be a rich man.

By the way...not to get off the topic here...but I need something cleared up.

What is the deal with midwesterners not understanding the difference between loan and borrow?:)?

You loan something TO another person and you BORROW something FROM another person....

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard a Minnesotan, Wisconsinite, or North Dakotan say BORROW me that....I would be a rich man.

who cares, I'm surprised us midwesterners are smart enough to turn a computer on and post on this board

The reasons why Gopher fans consider UW to be a bigger rival are due to the fact UM-UW, as well as the two states involved, have much more at stake between them outside of just college hockey. You have Vikings-Packers, you have a Big Ten rivalry in all the other sports, you have so many from paint thinner nation living/working and/or going to school in MN, and aside from the past few years you'd have to admit UW was one of the premeir college hockey programs in the country for quite some time. It's not meant as a slight to UND but rather there's just a bit more involved when you ask a Gopher fan what they think of Bucky. Most of us respect the UND rivalry, as well as the program and its fans, whereas most of us would have less than kind things to say about your typical cheesehead. :glare::)