SiouxSports.com Forum

Fanfest

hockeyfan19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know pink has been the big trend with cancer awareness/research/etc, but I bet they'd make more money selling a one-off jersey that actually looks cool.

But you probably get more PR out of special pink jerseys. It resonates with the people that support the cause much more than just another jersey. I think that it also catches more attention with non-hockey people. You are approaching it from the side of people that are into jerseys. So it probably depends on what is more valuable, the extra potential dollars or the extra PR value.

But you probably get more PR out of special pink jerseys. It resonates with the people that support the cause much more than just another jersey. I think that it also catches more attention with non-hockey people. You are approaching it from the side of people that are into jerseys. So it probably depends on what is more valuable, the extra potential dollars or the extra PR value.

I think had they done the pink shoulders it would sell a few more with the ladies. It looks like an awkward, but ok, attempt at just adding pink.

I'm not trying to argue. I understand your points 100%. However, creating awareness for breast cancer is like trying to explain McDonald's to someone living in the USA. Pretty much everyone already knows and understands both. People are already aware. The goal is to raise money for a cure, and I personally think ditching a jersey doused in pink for something that actually looks cool to bring even more money would have been a better venture.

My grandmother died of breast cancer, but I think she would have died quicker if she ever saw her Cubbies wearing pink on the field opposed to something else that could have brought in some money. ;)

When its a special jersey auction during the season.....can the names be on the back....as per ncaa rules player named cant be sold till after graduation?....is it the same for charity auction?

The idea of auctioning off a special game worn jersey is good way to bring in a litlle money.

If you really want to make some buck for boobies......

Raffle the gamers .....it will guaranteed bring in much much much much more money.....sell tickets during the games....at events.....have the cheerleaders sell them during games.....it woyld be more complicated but bring in exponentially more money.....and then have a special allotment of premier jerseys available in the sioux shop as well.

Want to raise some money do it right