SiouxSports.com Forum

A Photo Tribute to the Old Ralph

NoiseInsideMyHead

To commemorate the demolition of the Old Ralph, I would like to share some pictures taken just prior to her demise.

http://s1365.photobu...eshow/Old Ralph

You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you! If you have any more that you're willing to part with, I'd take 'em. I went open skating at the old Ralph many times but the Sioux side of the lower concourse was always gated off so I never got to see any of it.

It's also funny to think that I played one game of intramural hockey, 16 years ago, and only just now did it occur to me that the dressing room for intramurals was the actual visitor's locker room. Good grief.

You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you! If you have any more that you're willing to part with, I'd take 'em. I went open skating at the old Ralph many times but the Sioux side of the lower concourse was always gated off so I never got to see any of it.

It's also funny to think that I played one game of intramural hockey, 16 years ago, and only just now did it occur to me that the dressing room for intramurals was the actual visitor's locker room. Good grief.

Only years later do I realize how lucky I was to play games in the old Ralph. From Pee Wee games to high school select tryouts and games, it was surreal at the time, but I have so much more respect for the building now then I ever did then.

I also feel pretty lucky to have played intramural hockey in the new building. When my son grows up I'll tell him about my game winning goal with under two minutes left in the game to beat the eventual league champion (jerks got us in the playoffs). It was the same end where Kellen Briggs gave up kind of a big goal.... :)

• 2 weeks later...