SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Recruits

siouxfan512

Well, we won't be seeing any of these guys in the regular season, but obviously the NCAA enjoys putting the Gopher and the Sioux in the same region in the tourney, whenever possible. So we still may see some of these guys.

From what I have heard, the U is pulling in possibly its most potent recruiting class ever, which is certainly saying something for a team with their history.

Has anyone heard much about these guys? This is what I have gathered so far:

Cammarata might be one of their best recruits since Vanek.

Kloos sounds like he could rack up a TON of points.

Geurtler sounds comparable to Rau

Fasching sounds comparable to Coyle

Brodzinski lead USHL D in points as a first year USHL player

Sounds like a very deep class, at least on paper. Anyone hear anything else about these guys?

Really? A goph recruit thread?

What time do gophs play today??! Can't find it on my direct TV guide

But seriously couldn't care less about any player ever to play for minny. They won't even be in unds conference anyhow like you say. They have that powerhouse big10 to worry about next year

• Upvote 1

Wow, this thread needs deletion immediately.

You might have better luck here: http://gopherpucklive.com

2 minutes for interference?

Double minor maybe on a high stick? Didn't see any blood though :)

Hell with those , we are like DON ADAM around here. we just make shyt up as we go so a classic WCHA cfb 5 and the gate will work :)

Really? A goph recruit thread?

What time do gophs play today??! Can't find it on my direct TV guide

But seriously couldn't care less about any player ever to play for minny. They won't even be in unds conference anyhow like you say. They have that powerhouse big10 to worry about next year

They'll still be a powerful team in the ranking, and we can always play them in the tourney. Besides UND may be my team, but I like college hockey as a whole. I may not like Haula as a Gopher but he is still a solid player. If he can be effective in a Wild jersey, I'll definitely be cheering for him.

Good recruits to any NCAA team over a Major Junior team is good for college hockey.

Clearly I'm getting some of the obnoxious readers on this thread. I'm asking if any has heard anything on these recruits, I'm wondering if they are as good as they have been hyped up to be.

Clearly, I'm a big time Sioux fan, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in college hockey as a whole. Do you really think there weren't any gopher fans that were curious about Oshie and Toews when they were recruited to UND?

Clearly I'm getting some of the obnoxious readers on this thread. I'm asking if any has heard anything on these recruits, I'm wondering if they are as good as they have been hyped up to be.

Clearly, I'm a big time Sioux fan, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in college hockey as a whole. Do you really think there weren't any gopher fans that were curious about Oshie and Toews when they were recruited to UND?

If yore going to start a gopher recruit thread on ss be prepared to take some ribbing :) seriously all in fun with the jabs but gopher hockey? Think you would know some ribbing was coming on here :)

Think most have heard of all if not most of their recruits. UND recruits lots of same players. Hudson, camm, michaelson...list goes on and on. Gophers suck

Go sioux!

• Upvote 1

If yore going to start a gopher recruit tread be prepared to take some ribbing :) seriously all in fun with the jabs but gopher hockey? Think you would know some ribbing was coming. :) ha

Think most have heard of all if not most of their recruits. UND recruits lots if same players. Hudson, camm, michaelson...list goes on and on. Gophers suck

Go sioux!

True, some ribbing was expected. I didn't want to go to GPL because obviously most of the fans would just say its the best incoming class ever and they'll win it all next year. Typical bias fans, but some of these guys to sound impressive and have put up some really good numbers, so I am wondering if they will all actually show up on campus or if some of them will bolt after the draft.

No Denver recruit thread? Mankato recruit thread? Boston College recruit thread? American International recruit thread? We could play ANY of those teams in the tournament in coming years.

Yeah, well living in Mpls, I am forced to endure the gophers more than Kato, DU or BC. Don't hate on a guy for asking

Well, we won't be seeing any of these guys in the regular season, but obviously the NCAA enjoys putting the Gopher and the Sioux in the same region in the tourney, whenever possible. So we still may see some of these guys.

From what I have heard, the U is pulling in possibly its most potent recruiting class ever, which is certainly saying something for a team with their history.

Has anyone heard much about these guys? This is what I have gathered so far:

Cammarata might be one of their best recruits since Vanek.

Kloos sounds like he could rack up a TON of points.

Geurtler sounds comparable to Rau

Fasching sounds comparable to Coyle

Brodzinski lead USHL D in points as a first year USHL player

Sounds like a very deep class, at least on paper. Anyone hear anything else about these guys?

While I really don't know why we needed this thread I think I can offer some input on some of these players.

Cammarata is a very skilled smaller type forward who I would look to be a pretty good player but I would not compare him to a Vanek type really.

Kloos can score but I think he will find some difficulty in the college game and will have trouble adjusting.

Guertler is a very good player but also on the small side, very skilled player.

Fasching is a guy who was a lot higher touted earlier in his career but has not met those expectations recently, he has skill but will mostly provide them some size. I would compare him more to a guy like Michaelson or Ambroz on their own team than Coyle.

Brodzinski is a pretty good all around d-man. Can provide offense and has a big shot from the point, his brother plays for SCSU.

While I really don't know why we needed this thread I think I can offer some input on some of these players.

Cammarata is a very skilled smaller type forward who I would look to be a pretty good player but I would not compare him to a Vanek type really.

Kloos can score but I think he will find some difficulty in the college game and will have trouble adjusting.

Guertler is a very good player but also on the small side, very skilled player.

Fasching is a guy who was a lot higher touted earlier in his career but has not met those expectations recently, he has skill but will mostly provide them some size. I would compare him more to a guy like Michaelson or Ambroz on their own team than Coyle.

Brodzinski is a pretty good all around d-man. Can provide offense and has a big shot from the point, his brother plays for SCSU.

Thanks for the info. I don't usually follow recruiting too closely, but recently heard about some of these guys. Of course it was from a Goofer fan, so they were explained as incoming Gods (rather than Freshman). Just wondering how good they are actually supposed to be.

Well apparently this was a lost cause. I though people on here actually like to talk college hockey.

Maybe in the offseason under "2013-2014 College Hockey" there might be a mention of Gopher recruits, but no Sioux fan really gives enough of a crap about the Goofs to spend time analyzing their recruiting, now that they are moving to the B1G we will care even less.

Don't take it personally.