SiouxSports.com Forum

Exciting News Coming From the NCHC?

IrishSiouxFan

I like the look of the new logo the website and the promo video on the site. Great job.

http://www.nchchockey.com/

Looking at the countdown clock on the website, 225 days from today is October 18th. Tentative schedule has UND at Miami that day. Wondering if the entire league starts that day? With all 8 teams playing each other. I hope that is the case.

The new NCHC logo actually looks good, not crazy about the Target Center but we all knew that was probably going to happen. I wonder if the NCHC or anybody at UND is currently talking to Fox sports about their new national sports network? Theyre launching Fox Sports with will add additional online sports content similar to that of ESPN3, maybe they would like a piece of the UND hockey ratings (what ever they may be).

I think they chose the colors for a reason. The red white and blue with the site stars is meant to symbolize this conference truly is national. The best in the nation. Like I said before, keeping the colors with Red White and blue on the jersey will make this league stand out from others. Denver has the old stars and stripes on their jersey and it looks just fine. Maybe someone can mock up a current jersey (white, back and green) to see what it would look like. I think it will end up looking better than most think.

Red white and blue? That looks like crimson, vintage white, and navy to me.

Not a fan. Looks like something a cartoon character would wear as his crest... Something like 'Captain Super Toews leads his fellow super hockey comrades to the Stanley cup!' OH WAIT! That's not a cartoon, that's the Chicago Blackhawks!=).

• Upvote 1

The new NCHC logo actually looks good, not crazy about the Target Center but we all knew that was probably going to happen. I wonder if the NCHC or anybody at UND is currently talking to Fox sports about their new national sports network? Theyre launching Fox Sports with will add additional online sports content similar to that of ESPN3, maybe they would like a piece of the UND hockey ratings (what ever they may be).

I believe the deal with CBS Sports is for like 5 years and they have the rights to the tournament. Fox Sports 1 would have been a far superior alternative, but I suspect that the timing was not right. If Fox would have been a year earlier in their launching, I wonder if our relationship with Fox College Sports could have opened the door for a better NCHC TV deal? Denver also had a long standing agreement with Fox Rocky Mountain which became Root Sports. Timing is everything.

I think the logo looks fine.

I've only been to the X once for the Frozen Four against Michigan, thought it was awesome, and wasn't sure about the Target Center either. But I am looking forward to checking out the upgrades they are supposedly making. I do like the location of the Target Center better than the X.

Hey southpaw, nice work. Can you tweak it a bit by lowering the banner a bit and putting a few stars on top of it? I'm curious what that would look like.

I like the look of the lower banner, but I don't like how the 8 stars get split up. I debated doing 8 on the bottom and 6 on the top (for the six states represented in the league) but it got way too cluttered.

nchcedit2.jpg

I like the look of the lower banner, but I don't like how the 8 stars get split up. I debated doing 8 on the bottom and 6 on the top (for the six states represented in the league) but it got way too cluttered.

nchcedit2.jpg

This looks more natural to me. I like it better...

nchcedit2.jpg

YaneA has been making fun of me all day over this...but I think it's a definite improvement on the actual logo. Nice work!

Here's a quick thought...2 stars on top to represent Miami and Western Michigan (CCHA) and 6 stars on the bottom to represent the former WCHA schools...

YaneA has been making fun of me all day over this...but I think it's a definite improvement on the actual logo. Nice work!

Here's a quick thought...2 stars on top to represent Miami and Western Michigan (CCHA) and 6 stars on the bottom to represent the former WCHA schools...

Thanks.

The bottom gets too cluttered if you add more than one star. The top is too empty with less than three.

I believe the deal with CBS Sports is for like 5 years and they have the rights to the tournament. Fox Sports 1 would have been a far superior alternative, but I suspect that the timing was not right. If Fox would have been a year earlier in their launching, I wonder if our relationship with Fox College Sports could have opened the door for a better NCHC TV deal? Denver also had a long standing agreement with Fox Rocky Mountain which became Root Sports. Timing is everything.

I think the logo looks fine.

I've only been to the X once for the Frozen Four against Michigan, thought it was awesome, and wasn't sure about the Target Center either. But I am looking forward to checking out the upgrades they are supposedly making. I do like the location of the Target Center better than the X.

Fox Sports 1 isn't going to look much into college hockey. They have a deal signed with UFC already to air fights either weekly or biweekly. If things go well enough I suspect the UFC would LOVE to get enough advertising dollars to get off PPV and onto cable with Fox Sports 1, bringing in MUCH more potential viewers. I feel like UFC is going to be a top priority for them since neither ESPN nor NBCSN can show it.

SO I wonder what they will do if the league expands? I wonder if they will add starts to the logo. If that is the case, you could make the stars smaller and then add more above the NCHC writing like you have. Or do you just leave it how it is and recognize the original 8 that started the conference. Will be interesting to see what they do.

SO I wonder what they will do if the league expands? I wonder if they will add stars to the logo. If that is the case, you could make the stars smaller and then add more above the NCHC writing like you have. Or do you just leave it how it is and recognize the original 8 that started the conference. Will be interesting to see what they do.

I would think adding stars would be the only way to go. I bet within five years, the teams that rise to the top of the new WCHA will be looking at heading to the NCHC. My money is on Mankato State and Ferris State.

I would think adding stars would be the only way to go. I bet within five years, the teams that rise to the top of the new WCHA will be looking at heading to the NCHC. My money is on Mankato State and Ferris State.

Who's Mankato State?? :)

I actually don't think MSU will move. Maybe I'm reading things incorrectly, but our AD and President relish the position MSU is in. They have made lemonade out of the proverbial lemons and have taken MSU's programs to the top in not so ideal situations. They also get a lot out of being the "leader" within this group of schools. It's all going to depend on the politics played within the conference though. If schools are committed, MSU will stay. If the other schools are wishy-washy and might be willing to leave everyone else high and dry, MSU will be more willing to leave. That's not based upon any inside info, just based upon my observations about the way that the administration works.

I actually don't think MSU will move. Maybe I'm reading things incorrectly, but our AD and President relish the position MSU is in. They have made lemonade out of the proverbial lemons and have taken MSU's programs to the top in not so ideal situations. They also get a lot out of being the "leader" within this group of schools. It's all going to depend on the politics played within the conference though. If schools are committed, MSU will stay. If the other schools are wishy-washy and might be willing to leave everyone else high and dry, MSU will be more willing to leave. That's not based upon any inside info, just based upon my observations about the way that the administration works.

I see Mankato being the cream of the crop in the new WCHA. They are definitely entering on a high note. They will be one of the favorites to win the McNaughton next year for sure. As much as Mankato fans/players/etc. are kind up bummed about the WCHA breaking up, they should be excited for the potential of being a powerhouse in the league for years to come.

I'm sorry, I get confused as to whether it's Minnesota State University COMMA Mankato or Minnesota State University HYPHEN Mankato, so I just go old-school Mankato State.

I don't think the conference swap would happen immediately...I'm talking 5-10 years from now. Just a hunch...