SiouxSports.com Forum

BYE week then the Home Stretch......

AZSIOUX

no way the goophs split with duluth at home. it looks like the dogs have given up after that late game debacle against denver.

EDIT. I also don't see the huskies splitting with tech at home either. so all of the top three teams seem to have a would be sweep series at home.

I am not going to put it past Duluth and Denver to pull off wins in Minneapolis. Lets just see if the chokers are up to their usual late season antics.

So I did my calculations and what I have come up with may be the safe picks, but I do believe it may happen. I am thinking that between UND, SCSU, and Minn. it will end up like this, SCSU with 37, UND 36 and UMN 34. Which would mean that every series is a split except UND against Beavers being a sweep.

I would like to think that Wisco can give UMN a series, but giving up a home game goes beyond comprehension to me and costs them 2 pts. I would like to think that MN will split with both the Bulldogs and Beavers. Every team in Minn. loves playing the goofs and brings their best just like with UND. I think that SCSU may have the toughest time holding to this split theory in CC. CC is playing great hockey right now. They have a 5 game unbeaten streak of their own going right now. In saying this, they may spring a surprise to the WCHA standings. If this happens, then UND may be a regular season champ.

WOW what an ending this will be to the WCHA as we know it.

I am thinking about the SCSU Swoon.

As much as I'd like to see it, I can't see Minnesota going 4-4 the last 8 games, they are too good for that *gag*.

SCSU has been known to tighten up in the clutch, if they come out of CC with less than 2 points the door could be open for UM or UND to make a move.

As much as I'd like to see it, I can't see Minnesota going 4-4 the last 8 games, they are too good for that *gag*.

SCSU has been known to tighten up in the clutch, if they come out of CC with less than 2 points the door could be open for UM or UND to make a move.

Was wondering why Wisconsin, would give up a game at home in the Kohl Center, but the more I think about it, the outdoor game could help them if conditions aren't ideal, by taking away some of Minnesota's skill. Hopefully Wisconsin can pull one off this weekend. In retrospect, losing that late lead to Minnesota really hurts now. Instead of being 4 points up on Minnesota, with tiebreakers yet to be determined, basically nullifying their games in hand, the Sioux now have to finish ahead of Minnesota, which makes it much more difficult.

my top five:

SCSU 40 UMN 38 UND 36 UNO 36 Denver 33

I gotta wash Bemidji thinking if we get 4 then the Goofs get 4 ... this is based off how everyone is playing right now ... DU really is the darkhorse as they take 3-4 from us and/or MN then things really get messy ... best thing I suppose is for us to get more points than MN in DU howver I have us both splitting

So I did my calculations and what I have come up with may be the safe picks, but I do believe it may happen. I am thinking that between UND, SCSU, and Minn. it will end up like this, SCSU with 37, UND 36 and UMN 34. Which would mean that every series is a split except UND against Beavers being a sweep.

I would like to think that Wisco can give UMN a series, but giving up a home game goes beyond comprehension to me and costs them 2 pts. I would like to think that MN will split with both the Bulldogs and Beavers. Every team in Minn. loves playing the goofs and brings their best just like with UND. I think that SCSU may have the toughest time holding to this split theory in CC. CC is playing great hockey right now. They have a 5 game unbeaten streak of their own going right now. In saying this, they may spring a surprise to the WCHA standings. If this happens, then UND may be a regular season champ.

Minnesota splitting with Bemidji :crazy:

I'd cry. Bemidji is terrible this year. I can see Minnesota splitting the other 3 series. Duluth will probly be a sweep but I wouldn't be surprised to see them squeak out a win against Minnesota since it's going to be the biggest series of the year for them at that point. Wisconsin and DU are tough to call. Both of those teams have been playing well for the most part in the 2nd half of the year.

Ill say this at worst, boys are playing well right now overall. Sweep DU!!

Split @ DU

Sweep BSU

3 points @ Mankato

UMTC

Split at UW

3 points vs UMD

split vs DU

sweep BSU

SCSU

Split at CC

sweep MTU

split at UW

UNO

Sweep at UAA

split UW

split at UMD

I know many don't think that Minn will lose too many more games. When you think of it, they have not been tested on the road and remember, they did lose to Tech and Kato on the road. I may be wrong, but this team is due for a late season debacle. Leave it to the Beavers, they will take a game at home from UMN.

I also do not think that SCSU will hold true on the road. I do believe that UND has and will show that they are capable of playing well on the road, so I will not waiver from my prior posting.

This is a good way to start this stretch run with Minn splitting. I am still holding on the split sweep split down the stretch. Now all we need to do is keep control of our destiny by playing good hockey down the stretch and see what happens.

That's one good thing about Denver hockey, I always get the UND games.

Should be lots of stuff to put up on YouTube after the series is over. Probably a Dasher Dance and a scrum or two. :) I hope that Todd Anderson is reffing this weekend.

Edited by Goon

yep, but I think that has changed since DU is the one that started the conversations for the new league. :) I don't know if George is having coffee with Bruce McLeod anymore.

Yeah that lovefest has probably calmed down a lot. Have they said anything about whether the WCHA offices will be staying in Denver after DU and CC leave?