SiouxSports.com Forum

Where along I29 are you stuck today?!

Siouxperfan7

Right now, No travel is advised from halfway between Brookings and Watertown. If anyone happens to make it to Watertown today, please post on here. I've got friends/family planning on trying to get to Watertown today from Sioux Falls and then waiting to see how things get in the afternoon.

I29 is still closed from Watertown to Fargo.

Right now, No travel is advised from halfway between Brookings and Watertown. If anyone happens to make it to Watertown today, please post on here. I've got friends/family planning on trying to get to Watertown today from Sioux Falls and then waiting to see how things get in the afternoon.

With the drifts and the wind even if they plow through the drifts the wind should blow them shut again. Tell them to enjoy another day in Sioux Falls.

10 miles north of brookings. Pretty nasty out here. Decent visability but icy and snow packed roads. 40 MPH right now.

I-29 still closed between Watertown and Fargo.

Would not be shocked if that stretch of Interstate is still closed through tomorrow (at least on the SD side of the border). There is still plenty of blowing snow across NE SD and with all those hills between Watertown and the ND/SD border and all of that snow from not only this event but from the late January snow still around that area, it can drift pretty fast and re block the roads pretty fast. Just peaking at the cameras between Watertown and ND/SD border, it looks like the plows haven't even been out yet.

Just saw this and Sioux Falls sounds like spring break! Haa

Tweet I just saw lol

Have a couple cousins stuck in summit as well, must be awful. He said they ran both kegs dry by 8pm. No good. Hope everyone gets home safe

@RileyBritton: New updatde: still in Summit but we got to shower. Also were still at the bar and the ATM ran out of money. Probably here for another night.

Would not be shocked if that stretch of Interstate is still closed through tomorrow (at least on the SD side of the border). There is still plenty of blowing snow across NE SD and with all those hills between Watertown and the ND/SD border and all of that snow from not only this event but from the late January snow still around that area, it can drift pretty fast and re block the roads pretty fast. Just peaking at the cameras between Watertown and ND/SD border, it looks like the plows haven't even been out yet.

My thoughts exactly. It is not safe to drive yet. Enjoy that SD hospitality for another night.