SiouxSports.com Forum

Poll: Would you be interested in fundraising for new green unis for th

geaux_sioux

31 members have voted

1. 1. New Green Jerseys?

• I am willing to contribute $20 and feel confident in my ability to find at least 10 people who would also be willing to contribute $20
    • I am willing to contribute more than $20 and feel confident I can find at least 10 people who are willing to contribute at least $20
    • I am willing to contribute $20 but am not confident I can find at least 10 people who are willing to contribute $20
    • I am willing to contribute between $20 and $100 and can find 5 others to do the same
    • I am willing to contribute over $100 and can find 5 others to do the same
    • I am willing to contribute over $100 and can find 5 others to contribute at least $20
    • I live outside of UND country and am willing to contribute between 20-100 bucks and won't be able to find anyone else to contribute
    • I live outside of UND country and am willing to contribute over $100 and can't find anyone else to contribute

This is a very interesting topic and I think if we take an initiative we can easily make it happen. For it to work we would need to get the ball rolling soon since it takes a while for Nike to manufacture the uniforms and get them to UND in time for the season.

I think this would be a great way to show the players how much we support them and would give the coaches something to show new recruits and current players how the fans have literally bought in to the program. If I were a current player and the fans collected money for my team to be able to wear new home uniforms it would give me a great sense of extra pride every time I pulled that green jersey over my shoulders before a game.

Let's try and make this happen, it's a great opportunity.

I say we try to get the green jerseys and also the old school grey helmets as well. I think they would look sharp with the all black uni's much like I believe OK st. has done in the past. I'd pony up for sure. Eastern WA has a second helmet, I think it looks great

I say we try to get the green jerseys and also the old school grey helmets as well. I think they would look sharp with the all black uni's much like I believe OK st. has done in the past. I'd pony up for sure. Eastern WA has a second helmet, I think it looks great

Problem with helmets is they cost more than a uniform. I'm not sure the price the football team would pay per helmet but the normal price for a new Riddle helmet is around 260 per helmet. Multiply that by at least 85 and its a good 22+ grand vs 10 for a set of jerseys.

I originally posted this under the jersey thread but will move it over here as well.......

Thanks to whomever created the poll. However, there probably should have been one more option:

Willing to contribute more than $20 but not confident......

In fact, you might want to add a couple others:

Willing contribute $100 or more and I am confident (or not) I can find 10 others to contribute at least $20.

Some folks are able to write bigger checks - if we tracked their responses, we would have a better idea of how much we could raise.

I originally posted this under the jersey thread but will move it over here as well.......

Thanks to whomever created the poll. However, there probably should have been one more option:

Willing to contribute more than $20 but not confident......

In fact, you might want to add a couple others:

Willing contribute $100 or more and I am confident (or not) I can find 10 others to contribute at least $20.

Some folks are able to write bigger checks - if we tracked their responses, we would have a better idea of how much we could raise.

How's that? If you can think of any other options that would be necessary let me know.

Also, if anyone is feeling ambitious and wants to put down a serious chunk of change send me a message so I can try and figure out how feasible this will be.

Thanks - I live a couple thousand miles from GF and the UND fans I know up there are already FSC members so I wouldn't likely be able to find others to contribute. Therefore, there really isn't a category for me. I would add a $100 or $200 category with no commitment to try to find other contributors.

To be quite honest, I really don't care about the uniforms either. I would contribute to the uni's but would much rather raise money for something in the IPF that they wouldn't have been able to afford without our help!

I think this may also "set an example" for some folks with tons of $ to step up and help with the IPF.

• Upvote 1

I would donate money to an IPF, but couldn't care less about what their uniform looks like. This isn't a fashion show.

You are free to donate to the IPF at any time.

Steve Brekke, '84

Associate Athletic Director

Athletics Major Gifts

(800) 543-8764

(701) 777-6426

steveb@undfoundation.org

or

Katie Horob

Associate Director ND Champions Club

(800) 543-8764

(701) 777- 4078

katieh@undfoundation.org

Either one would be glad to help arrange a donation of whatever size you would like to make. It can be dedicated to the IPF and will only be spent on that.

You can now donate to new jerseys right now too, but that's not really the point. It's to show what a small but dedicated group of fans can do. My IPF donation would get lost any other way, but this way you feel a part of a community and know you actually reach a more micro goal.

You can now donate to new jerseys right now too, but that's not really the point. It's to show what a small but dedicated group of fans can do. My IPF donation would get lost any other way, but this way you feel a part of a community and know you actually reach a more micro goal.

If you want to make a donation that you can claim on your taxes, it has to go to a proper non-profit. Setting up a non-profit takes a lot of time and money. People can't take a deduction if someone is just setting up an account and collecting the money. People like tax deductions, and usually give more if it is tax deductible.

If you want to make a show of it and set some kind of example, talk to the Foundation. Run the donations through them and see if they will set up a fund specifically for this project or this group. It is their job to raise money and handle money for the University. It would be safer and more effective to use them or another existing non-profit to handle the money and the accounting. You can still publicize the effort and take credit for it. I'm sure that the Foundation would be happy to work with any group that is trying to raise money for the University.

Not really my friend. All Jim as to do is spend ten minutes setting up an account at crowdrise.com

" Your donation to a US-Based 501©3 charitable organization through CrowdRise is 100% tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Network for Good provides an electronic receipt at the time of the donation. The receipt you get via email shortly after you complete your donations meets all IRS requirements as a record of donation. If you are asked to provide a paper receipt for IRS purposes, please print out a copy of your email receipt or send a request for a duplicate receipt to...."

Sorry, I don't see the point when the same thing could be done using the tools that are already in place. Why ask Jim or anyone else to be responsible when the Foundation is very good at handling things? Besides, the donation would still probably go through the Foundation.

Ok. That makes sense. But Unis still wouldn't appeal to me. Something that makes a more of a difference in improving the program would though, for the reasons you stated above.

Maybe a cash drive is not the answer. Bemidji State has a golf event every year called the Galen Nagle (a former Beaver player who died of cancer a few years back). The event raises around $30,000 every year and all proceeds go to BSU mens hockey. Maybe we should push for an event like this. That might be our best avenue. Plus it stirs more interest in the program and gets former players together every year.

Ok. That makes sense. But Unis still wouldn't appeal to me. Something that makes a more of a difference in improving the program would though, for the reasons you stated above.

I believe most of the money from BSU Galen Nagle is spent on recruiting. Maybe a few locker room amenities but mostly recruiting. I'm sure that would go along way for the coaching staff on the road in November December and January. I agree with you I say let the coaches decide where to spend it.

Show me a website where it will be presented from siouxsports.com members?! The foundation won't be setting that up. And that's the whole point of this fundraiser!

I thought the point of a fundraiser was to raise money to help the cause, to help fund a project that wasn't currently being funded. I didn't realize that the point was to set up a website. Silly me. My guess is that the Foundation would help set up a special fund from SiouxSports.com members if there was enough interest. They might even list it on their website. But you're right, I would be surprised if they set up a special website for it.

All I'm saying is that the the tools are already in place. If the goal is to raise money and buy new uniforms (or help fund the IPF or anything else), the simplest way would be to work with the Foundation. They are in the business of raising money. They know the rules. Raising money takes a lot of time and effort. It takes a lot of organization. Working with the pros can help you be more successful with less work.

I thought the point of a fundraiser was to raise money to help the cause, to help fund a project that wasn't currently being funded. I didn't realize that the point was to set up a website. Silly me. My guess is that the Foundation would help set up a special fund from SiouxSports.com members if there was enough interest. They might even list it on their website. But you're right, I would be surprised if they set up a special website for it.

All I'm saying is that the the tools are already in place. If the goal is to raise money and buy new uniforms (or help fund the IPF or anything else), the simplest way would be to work with the Foundation. They are in the business of raising money. They know the rules. Raising money takes a lot of time and effort. It takes a lot of organization. Working with the pros can help you be more successful with less work.

Because if we go through them they will take 10% off the top, like usual. :silly: