SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Greene has played 9 of their 15 games so far. 5-4 with him in lineup and 3-3 with him watching.

I think the Kings are actually better with him in the line up. I had forgotten how much havoc he can cause in front of his net. I think he would make a perfect Boston Bruin.

Montreal could be in trouble. Revealed today that goalie Carey Price injured a knee when Chris Kreider slide into him skates first early in the game. They will know more tomorrow, but he may be out. Big drop off from Price to their backup goalie.

Looks like it's not just the Bruins that are meanies to the poor Canadiens. Now Chris Kreider and those big mean bullies in NY are getting in on the action.

Carey Price uncertain for Game 2

Therrien reiterated that he felt the incident between Kreider and Price was "accidental," but took a thinly veiled shot at the Rangers' forward as well.

"Let's put it this way, he didn't put much effort to avoid the contact," Therrien said.

Some of Price's teammates also expressed their concern with the hit and Kreider's intent.

Montreal forward Brandon Prust, who played for the Rangers from 2009 to 2012, said he felt that the 23-year-old Kreider didn't do enough to pull up or minimize the impact when he bowled over Price on a breakaway.

"Whether it's on purpose or accidental, he ran him pretty hard," Prust said. "Everybody thinks it was accidental, but we call it accidentally on purpose."

Montreal announces Price will be out for the series.

Blues re-sign Brian Elliott to a 3 year deal meaning Ryan Miller probably won't be back with them.

I thought Miller got a new contract at St. Louis? If Miller didn't get a contract at St. Louis then why did they trade Halak for Miller.

I thought Miller got a new contract at St. Louis? If Miller didn't get a contract at St. Louis then why did they trade Halak for Miller.

Miller becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.

I assume the plan was the Miller would take the Blues to the Stanley Cup finals and re-sign a big contract upon the season's end. Plan A failed...Elliott's Plan B.

Miller becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.

I assume the plan was the Miller would take the Blues to the Stanley Cup finals and re-sign a big contract upon the season's end. Plan A failed...Elliott's Plan B.

I still think that he's going to get a free agent deal from someone. Apparently, Mrs. Miller is from the West Coast.

Is it wrong for me to be excited about Price being out? I never would wish anyone harm in terms of being injured and out, but as a Ranger fan, this news exciting to me. Craziness. What do you guys think? I don't think the Kreider play was at all dirty. Thoughts?

Is it wrong for me to be excited about Price being out? I never would wish anyone harm in terms of being injured and out, but as a Ranger fan, this news exciting to me. Craziness. What do you guys think? I don't think the Kreider play was at all dirty. Thoughts?

Watch Peter Budaj come out of the gates like a man possessed.

But will they need to now with the emergence of John Gibson? What about San Jose?

I was thinking San Jose, they might be going a different direction in net after another early exit.

But will they need to now with the emergence of John Gibson? What about San Jose?

Neither Gibson nor Hiller was impressive in game 7...like I said, they might be willing to kick the tires on Ryan Miller...assuming they're going to tell Hiller to hit the road. San Jose's an option - although I think they're more likely to think Joe Thornton is the problem and not goaltending. How about a dark-horse, Tampa Bay? Their goaltending when Bishop went down was atrocious.

Doubtful. But this could be something to rally the Habs. I'll take my chances against Budaj.

Yea, there's no way the Rangers ever come back from being down against the Penguins...oh, wait. It's possible. The Canadiens are still a dangerous team.

Yea, there's no way the Rangers ever come back from being down against the Penguins...oh, wait. It's possible. The Canadiens are still a dangerous team.

Never said they weren't. Just said I'd rather have Budaj in there over Price. Wouldn't you if you were a Ranger fan? If they play like they did on Saturday, not a team left will beat NYR. That being said, consistency has been their problem for the last handful of years.

Never said they weren't. Just said I'd rather have Budaj in there over Price. Wouldn't you if you were a Ranger fan? If they play like they did on Saturday, not a team left will beat NYR. That being said, consistency has been their problem for the last handful of years.

I agree with what you're saying...but I wouldn't "wish" Price being unable to play...I'm sure most Rangers don't either. New York vs LA sounds like a nice NHL Stanley Cup Finals...

I agree with what you're saying...but I wouldn't "wish" Price being unable to play...I'm sure most Rangers don't either. New York vs LA sounds like a nice NHL Stanley Cup Finals...

See above :).

NYR versus Chi sounds great, too. I would hate to have to cheer against Toewsy, though. Greener plays for LAK, I guess, but I feel closer to Toewsy :D.

See above :).

Sorry, I didn't mean that to sound like you were indeed rooting for Price to be unable to play...I was speaking in general terms about myself and how I'd feel...

Sorry, I didn't mean that to sound like you were indeed rooting for Price to be unable to play...I was speaking in general terms about myself and how I'd feel...

Don't get me wrong, I want my team to go to the Final very, very badly and I don't care who's healthy or not, but the NYR ripped MTL pretty good in Game 1 with Price letting in 4 of those. Gotta get by whomever is in net. I just think it'll be a slightly easier task if Price isn't in.

This definitely gives the Rangers a huge advantage, and I had originally picked the Canadiens to beat the Rangers, but now that's all out the window. The Rangers will win this series now. And no, I don't think that was a dirty play by Kreider.

Whoever wins the Western Conference will win the Cup. My money's on a Chicago repeat.

I'm ALWAYS up for a side bet :) .... name your stakes. How do we measure it, btw? If Budaj leads MTL to the Final, you win, if not, I win?

A couple of Apple Ales or Bud Light Limes on the series?